Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Events that allow women portraying soldiers?
First of all, Iam sorry to restart an old topic, but I rely have to comment.

When I read this topic the following is what I get is.

1. Telling a male that is 30kg to fat to loose some weight or stay away is not acceptable despite the fact that he can do something about it.
But saying no to a female is ok, despite the fact that she can't do anything about her sex.
2. Having males that physically is not "fit" is ok, but having females, even if fit is not.
3. Having a male reenactor in a poor kit, that no nothing about the period is accepted but having a female as a soldier is not.

Yes, that is not what you write, but clearly that is the attitude in some groups.

The rules should be the same for everyone.
I do acw reencatment. Do I get annoyed when I see a female reenactor (as a soldier) with long hair hanging loose so its shown??? Yes, just like I would if it was a male.

If you expect females to have "correct body form" then the same should go for the males.
If you want realism, require everybody to march 30km in full kit and fight a mock battle at the end of it...

And by the way, most westen democracies have signed the Declaration of Human Rights... and It is actually illigal to discriminate based on sex in many countries...

I think we can and should accept many "changes" from history, as long as we are clear about when we change things and why.
Thomas Aagaard

Messages In This Thread
Re: Events that allow women portraying soldiers? - by thomas aagaard - 09-20-2011, 01:50 AM