Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holding up a cingulum with segmentata
Quote:If you plan on doing anything more than standing around in your armour, I would secure the belt a bit better than relying on friction alone.

I have to add my experience to Paul's.

Several of my group have accurate reconstructions of Corbridge A segs (made by ourselves) and have no problems with the belts sliding down.

Not only have we succesfully stood around in our armour, we have also fought in it and done several marches (2 days in the field) with full pack in difficult terrain and with naughty donkeys.

I must say that in 2008 I once had some problems with my belt sliding down from my seg. This happened during a wedge charge at Marle 2008. At that time I had had just recovered from an exploding appendix and I had lost 15kg of weight.
I was wearing the same tunic (a baggy sleeveles one) and subarmalis as I wore before the weight loss. Thus my armour was somewhat less padded and caused the belt to slide down.

Just to say that a properly constructed seg, coupled to a good belt and adequate padding will stay up.

Valete,
Falco
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be

Messages In This Thread
Re: Holding up a cingulum with segmentata - by Marcus Mummius - 01-29-2012, 10:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Holding a Spear on your Back? cmmcgarr 3 3,604 09-23-2015, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Urselius