Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help for the identification of this repert
Quote:Buongiorno a tutti,
opterei anch'io per medievale; la morfologia delle punte di lancia romane (e con 1,7 kg di peso l'ipotesi del giavellotto credo sia da escludere) come avete già detto è generalmente più affusolata e allungata.
Altra cosa che mi colpisce è l'innesto a cannone a profilo quadrangolare (se la foto non mi inganna), piuttosto raro nelle punte romane.
Visto dimensioni e peso non escluderei l'ipotesi che si possa trattare di un puntale di qualcosa (bandiera, stendardo, ecc...).
Un saluto!
S.M.
Translation by Google:

Hello everyone,
I would opt for medieval spearheads the morphology of the Roman (and with 1.7 kg of weight of the javelin I think the hypothesis is ruled out) as you said, it's generally more slender and elongated.
Another thing that strikes me is the clutch cannon square profile (if the photo does not deceive me), quite rare in the tips Roman.
Since size and weight would not rule out the possibility that it may be a tip of something (flag, banner, etc ...).
Greetings!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Messages In This Thread
Re: help for the identification of this repert - by Robert Vermaat - 03-28-2012, 04:41 PM