Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you reenactment / Living History
I wanted to check all the answers, but found I could only click one. What a bummer! I've always been interested in history, all kinds of history, and eventually became a salt water angling/fly-fishing historian, writing in nationals mags for 30 years, plus penning two nonfiction books.

I kept going further back in time and began writing novels, mostly about steppe cultures and their interaction with Romans. Discovering reenacting around 2003-04, I joined Legio III Cyrenaica, and a couple of my Legio friends are RAT members: Quintius, who posted just above on this thread, and artist Andy Volpe. I like interacting with the public, do the same as an author, and also have an interest in recreating ancient weapons, then using them to see how they worked. I ended up as a certified steppe archery instructor, teaching kids... very satisfying.

Basically, I'm proud to be a member of RAT and have met a number of friends here... despite the fact that we live in distant countries. :-D
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why do you reenactment / Living History - by Alanus - 06-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Why do you reenactment / Living History - by Luca - 12-11-2012, 03:17 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Living History and advanced students, eg, IBO richsc 0 1,082 07-16-2017, 05:19 AM
Last Post: richsc
  EXARC and living history groups richsc 0 1,048 12-02-2016, 12:34 PM
Last Post: richsc
  International living history standards richsc 22 7,650 11-01-2016, 05:45 AM
Last Post: Luca