Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armor of the Divine Triad : lamellar armor
My main issue with the Cyprus finds are their age. 7 centuries before the Divine Triad from Palmyra!
This is far too much time to get inspired from it. Even more if it's a prestigious armour. Would they use such an antiquity?

The only real archaeological finds that I know of that could be first century are all scales, or "semi scale".

Ok, it looks like in the divine triad, the scales are laced. But in some found scales, the linen is still visible. Because it was the support of it, but can we imagine that it could have another function beyond the support? I was thinking about friction between the plates, about space between the plates (for flexibility) or simply for the looks of it? The rounded part of the scale would be here to prevent the scale to rip off the textile.

My purpose here is to make an armour that a fantassin of the Ist century AD could use in combat. So this in my opinion exclude not having the reinforced shoulders. I saw the thread about the musculata shoulders. My conclusion : someone wearing a musculata is almost always a cavalryman, not subject to take a hit from above like a fantassin.

If not suitable for a simple legionary, I can give up already Smile
A locked scale armour will be just fine also.
[Image: inaciem-bandeau.png]

Messages In This Thread
every mine A-share m - by 4082jiSB - 04-16-2013, 01:57 AM
is a sucker 43 - by 4082jiSB - 04-16-2013, 02:00 AM
Armor of the Divine Triad : lamellar armor - by Jori - 04-16-2013, 02:41 AM
RE: Armor of the Divine Triad : lamellar armor - by Margaret - 12-07-2016, 12:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestions for building a decorative armor display? dienekes7 0 517 07-11-2020, 06:27 PM
Last Post: dienekes7
  Maybe dumb question about squamata armor cilanos 6 1,513 09-13-2018, 02:58 PM
Last Post: cilanos
  Tips for a beginner in collecting a set of Roman Armor/equipment scottk100 4 5,051 08-13-2017, 10:33 PM
Last Post: scottk100