Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bow shooting while wearing armor.
I do not try to reply on behalf of the Author, but I have examined closely this armor and I have personally tested it. I only mention my personal opinion.

This is definitely an armor system,consisting of 6 kilos of leather and 2 kilos of copper scales (placed on shoulders and left side). Of course a single layer of leather alone does not provide much protection against spear, sword/knife or heavy arrowheads hits. It can only protect against surface hits, natural elements (eg spines) or light arrowheads shot from long distance - we have made tests on this, single layer of hardened leather can stop light Scythian-type warheads from medium distances

Armor protection is provided only by metal scales. Or by additional linen armor that the warrior may wear bellow the leather....

I refer to this construction as an armor system, where the leather act as carrier of the armor (scales) - with direct analogy to modern plate carriers that the warrior can choose the number and placement or armor plates and/or additional soft armor, according to the specific mission requirements

I do not believe that a heavy-quilted linen armor would be lighter or heavier... in my personal opinion use of leather has to do with the availability of materials and specific environment parameters. For example, our experience has shown that quilted-linen armor does not fit with operations on sea-environment... humidity will degrade the linen material very fast

Adonis
Antonis Aliades

KORYVANTES Association

Messages In This Thread
bow shooting while wearing armor. - by Dan Howard - 07-15-2013, 10:26 AM
bow shooting while wearing armor. - by Adonis - 07-15-2013, 09:24 PM
bow shooting while wearing armor. - by Dan Howard - 07-15-2013, 11:12 PM
bow shooting while wearing armor. - by Adonis - 07-16-2013, 11:54 AM
bow shooting while wearing armor. - by Dan Howard - 07-16-2013, 01:29 PM