Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
\'Definitive\' List of Legionary\'s Belongings
Mithras: That list is interesting, however I'd say there's definitely gear missing from that list - I don't see any logs of dip, cigarettes or pogy bait :razz:

We wouldn't carry half that trash, simply because it wasn't needed for whatever mission we were on. I can't think of anyone who actually carried their e-tools with them when we were outside the wire. Sure we brought it in-country because it was on the packing list, but never carried it on us. IFAK should be on the vest (Rather than in a pack)...Bayonetts were actually confiscated as soon as we got in-country; they were locked in a box in the armory so they wouldn't get lost and we never saw them on either deployment. Maybe the Army just does things differently than the Marines?

Getting back on topic, I'd be willing to bet that as no soldier likes humps any extra gear they don't have to, chances are your typical miltes might leave gear back at the fort and just borrow something from a fellow milte who did bring it.
-Ryan

-Cave a sinistra manu utebatur pro bellator.

Messages In This Thread
\'Definitive\' List of Legionary\'s Belongings - by Quintus Claudius Scaevola - 02-04-2014, 06:49 AM