Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Merovingian- Kingdom of Soissons
Quote:
Pavel AMELIANVS post=352408 Wrote:
Diocle post=352400 Wrote:Less than 300 words? and great part of those 300 miserable words reintroduced later? And you call this surviving of the Latin in ancient Anglo Saxon Language? :o

Well it is hard to argue with you Carlo if you automatically mock everything(indeed-EVERYTHING!) which not suits you as not a real evidence.I am convinced that even if some barbarian of that age might talk to you and his words were against what you promotes you would again continue in the same style saying:"It's not a real proof" :wink:

Robert,Me,and everyone who joined this discussion are not saying nowhere that what we believed in must be necessarily truth.Only that it seems more likely possibility to us from stated reasons than what you promots.But you don't seem to care about any reason if they go against your opinion.
You on the other hand are the only person in this debate who fanatically insist that his opinion is right and must be definitely the only right and possible opinion.

Is it really so hard to admit that you might be wrong as well(maybe you are right and I am not- but to me it is no problem to admit this possibility contrary to you)and that other opinion different to yours might be potentially right?You would probably rather die than admit you might be wrong and not necessarily right.

You know as long as I cant prove so clearly what I prefer to believe in, you also did not proved your believe sufficiently enough.Which is no wonder if we talk about period so poor on this kind of direct evidence.

No I don't mock anyone here.

I'm only saying that the amount of only 300 words, of which only half actually used, only by clergy, on a whole High Germanic Language made of thousands of words ... well, I'm saying that it cannot be considered a proof a Latin presence in the Ancient Anglo Saxon Tongue, as the inventions of a Byzantine writer who never see even a tree of Gaul, they cannot be considered a proof of anything.

But if you love the idea of a Roman Legacy inside the Merovingian Military Traditions, well, this is a nice personal opinion, but it's only a personal opinion, or better a dream, and nothing more.

So, while I repeat that I'm still waiting for sources about the Roman-Merovingian dreams of Procopius of Caesarea, and while I repeat you: take your time guys, I can wait .... certainly you'll understand me if I take this opportunity to remind you that:

THE ROMANS USED EXTENSIVELY LEATHER MUSCULATA ARMORS DURING THE LATE ANTIQUITY.

Also this is a dream, but at least, it's dream with some inherent realism and also some hundreds of artistic evidences backing it! :wink:

@Pavel: If History is Science, in the Scientific World, to change the actual knowledge about some matter, you have to bring proofs and sources, then these proofs and sources have to be rationally verified and then if they hold up the impact of the scientific verification, you can say that you have a reasonable hope being right!
This is not your case! While I'm with the actual knowledge, telling us that there is nothing supporting the crazy idea that the Merovingian Warlords brought in battle Roman Vexilla or Unit's Signa.
So, until you bring us some new proof, backing up your Merovingian dreams, I have the Scientific Right to tell you that your Merovingian Dreams or Nightmares, are only your personal Dreams and Nightmares, and nothing more, you're allowed to dream but you're not allowed to say that your dreams are the historical truth if you cannot prove this assertion in some way.
End of the story.

Messages In This Thread
More Merovingian- Kingdom of Soissons - by Agraes - 03-03-2014, 10:14 PM
More Merovingian- Kingdom of Soissons - by Diocle - 03-13-2014, 11:03 PM