Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about the Roman \'wedge formation\'
This thread is about the sawtooth and not the wedge, so I'm going to stick with sawtooth and ignore the wedge because its a different tactic. I'm pretty sure I figured it out and I was searching the net to confirm my feeling, but I didn't find any proof. This forum was the best thing I could find on the topic.

I bet they used the sawtooth and I bet it was one of their best formations. The reason why it was so effective is the reason why people do not understand it. It is pure genius. The formation probably had more teeth than depicted in the History Channel's animation. With more teeth it brought teeth. I'm not going to give it away because I want to see if someone else comes to the same conclusion. I think the sawtooth is what brought down Boudicca. Also, I think she is one of my great grandmothers. When I first saw the History Channel's Boudicca show around 2006, her story resonated with me. I've seen about a half dozen acient world history shows like Boudicca's that resonate with me.

Mark Hayes, it wouldn't surprise me that we are not to distant cousins. My grandmother was a Haynes and it was also spelled Hayes, Haines and Haint a few generations before her. I don't have proof, it is just a feeling that my Haynes line are decendents from Roman Emperor Hadrian. The history books say he had no children, but I think they are wrong because I can feel it. My reasoning for not invading Afgahnistan after 9/11 was along the lines of the reasoning behind Hadrian's Wall. You cannot win against the an "uncivilized" people. Before the Afghanistan War, I said we would be in a decade long quagmire and I have plenty of witnesses. I was like a chicken running around with its head cut off trying to wake people up.

I don't have the ultimate proof that I am the grandson of some of the greatest leaders of the past. I have the cheap DNA geneology test that appears to match up with the profile of a distant cousin. I believe my feelings come from personallity traits. When I hear about some of the great leaders of the past they resonates with me and their actions sound like something I would think of.

There are probably a few others of you on this forum who are the grandkids of Roman Emperors. It would explain your interest in the subject. I know one of you can figure it out. Just assume that the sawtooth was used when pondering it. I might be wrong, but the one person I told thought I nailed it. It is also completely possible I am not related to any of these historical figures. I do take that into account.

P.S. Does anyone know which company provides the most detailed DNA geneology results on historical relatives for a decent price?

Messages In This Thread
Question about the Roman \'wedge formation\' - by Alex - 05-29-2014, 09:16 PM
It\'s The Sawtooth!!! - by Alex - 06-01-2014, 10:45 AM
It\'s The Sawtooth!!! - by John1 - 06-01-2014, 01:00 PM
It\'s The Sawtooth!!! - by John1 - 06-01-2014, 01:03 PM
It\'s The Sawtooth!!! - by John1 - 06-01-2014, 04:15 PM
It\'s The Sawtooth!!! - by John1 - 06-01-2014, 04:18 PM
It\'s The Sawtooth!!! - by Tim NC - 06-01-2014, 06:44 PM
It\'s The Sawtooth!!! - by John1 - 06-02-2014, 02:36 PM
It\'s The Sawtooth!!! - by John1 - 06-02-2014, 03:19 PM
Question about the Roman \'wedge formation\' - by Jan - 06-03-2014, 10:02 AM
It\'s The Sawtooth!!! - by Alex - 06-05-2014, 07:13 AM
It\'s The Sawtooth!!! - by Renatus - 06-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Question about the Roman \'wedge formation\' - by antiochus - 06-05-2014, 12:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  “Acies quadratum” On the square formation of the Roman army Julian de Vries 12 2,283 09-19-2021, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Hanny
  I need help w/early Roman formation and Marius. Hasdrubal 2 1,627 06-30-2015, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Hasdrubal
  Wedge formation in Ecnomus: myth or reality? eugene 5 2,064 01-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Last Post: caiusbeerquitius