Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How really \'different\' were the Romans?
Quote: thus I will unappologetically submit that "generation why" sloppily assembled with their sense of entitlement and with a mind towards the MANY organizational safety's that have made this mess possible, could never hold a candle to what it was to serve in the legions.

I love my country, I love my army, but good gods daaaamn, have yall looked around lately?

The US militia defending Washington in 1812 would have been hooted at by Italian troops from WW2 for their lack of fighting spirit. US troops fragged officers in the Mexican-American War. They routed wholesale in the Battle Of The Bulge, and theft of supplies, by US soldiers, substantially slowed the progress of the war and increased the death toll among the small minority of real combat troops. As for the black comedies of Korea and Vietnam... Which is not to say there wasn't heroism and achievement too. In fact, this is the point: by historical standards, the people who are whining about are doing more than adequately.

But picking on Generation Y and doing the "Men were made of iron once!" speech... not a great idea. And as objectionable as you seem to find political correctness, I'm willing to bet it doesn't hurt combat effectiveness as much as Jim Crow did.

Messages In This Thread
How really \'different\' were the Romans? - by thiswayup - 07-04-2014, 11:38 PM
How really \'different\' were the Romans? - by MD - 07-13-2014, 08:36 AM
How really \'different\' were the Romans? - by MD - 07-13-2014, 04:36 PM