Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China vs Rome for control of Silk Road new movie
Apparently the film's director Daniel Lee designed the armour. Although in Chinese this link to a short showing the props in the movie including a giant Roman pulley system controlling the opening & closing of “The Wild Geese Gate".

http://www.moviexclusive.com/detail.php?...blade_3238

I think that in the movie the golden armour was placed in a “Western Regions" or Central Asian temple after Jackie Chan's fictional general character used it. I think this movie is Action/Fantasy & there seems no hint of Chinese period, probably Han but if is supposedly fantasy but with the addition of American actors (Mel Gibson was originally cast in one of the roles but he pulled out) you have to wonder how they will market it to western audiences (fantasy or historical) Seeing the 2 armies never met as well as the fact the Romans would be pushing it to transport an army to Central Asia bypassing the Parthians I suppose it would be fantasy but with Hollywood involved who knows. I would be happier if the fictional Romans were survivors of Crassus disastrous defeat at Carrhae as that would at least explain how an armed Roman force ended up on the eastern fringes of the Parthian empire as a possible mercenary force as Late Sinologist Homer Dubs once proposed many years ago. Still fantasy but feasible.
Regards
Michael Kerr
Michael Kerr
"You can conquer an empire from the back of a horse but you can't rule it from one"

Messages In This Thread
China vs Rome for control of Silk Road new movie - by Michael Kerr - 01-01-2015, 11:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rome Sweet Rome movie D B Campbell 9 2,456 03-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Vindex
  New Film: Rome Vs. China ... Narukami 20 7,797 07-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Magnus
  Rome vs. han china Steakslim 3 1,309 11-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Vincula