Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
correct Location for Leg IIIG XVIFF and XIIF
Hello this is my first thread in this Forum,so i will say hello to all.
According to my geographical researches over the last years, i think that the "normal" used and suggested Place for the Legions mentioned above,called >Raphanea> is not the Place Baarin, North west of Homs, it was 200km farther South.
Indicated with a Roman City with neary the same Name and Inscriptions from around 170 AD.  Maybe the XVI FF was involved in  some extensive infrastructural and Building Projects in this Region.
Together with the LEG IIICyr stationed in Bostra it saved the Limes Orientalis along the Via Nova Trajana and Via Diocletiana.

If there are some Guests or Forum Members, who have also Informations to a Legions Base south of Damaskus, to Routes and Places of this Legions between the 1st and 3rd Cen. AD,  please let us know.
Otherwise if anyone have clear indications (inscriptions ...) for the Baarin/Zor Baarin Place please write us also.

Many thanks and greetings from Germany

Messages In This Thread
correct Location for Leg IIIG XVIFF and XIIF - by jonas2017-1 - 02-28-2017, 11:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  exact Base Camp of leg. IIIG,XVIFF and XIIF jonas2017-1 0 774 02-28-2017, 03:33 PM
Last Post: jonas2017-1