Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! 3rd quarter 1st century Legionary
Hello! I'm happy finally someone answered me!

Yes, I do know older equipment will always be recycled, even in our own time (without posting some rather obsure Syrian militia with STG44, we can see the US military and other nations revaluating the old M14 as a marksman's rifle), but we all want to be a bit bling bling so I've choosen the rather over present Corbridge type A (I'd like even more the squamata, it adds such an "exotic" flavour, but a good squamata is rather pricy unfortunatly).

In the meantime I come up with some more questions about subarmalis and helmet padding. This are actually questions which I believe noone can give a definitive answer. I did some medieval and 17th century reenactment, while with medieval I wasn't wearing armour at all and definitely needed a padded garment, during the 17th century a didn't needed any at all, I just wore the armour with the regular doublet, my impressions was actually more late 16th/early 17th century (since I live near Venice, this was the time of our small "pike and shot" type war) and the doublet was a bit padded itself, do I really need a subarmalis even with a Segmentata? Couldn't two tunicae work as well? Padded helmet is obviously a necessity and I've choosen the Didymoi type hat, it protects ears too while not imparing hearing.

Messages In This Thread
Help! 3rd quarter 1st century Legionary - by Titus Vettidius Cladus - 04-01-2020, 11:29 AM
RE: Help! 3rd quarter 1st century Legionary - by Titus Vettidius Cladus - 04-03-2020, 08:20 AM
RE: Help! 3rd quarter 1st century Legionary - by Titus Vettidius Cladus - 04-09-2020, 08:11 AM
RE: Help! 3rd quarter 1st century Legionary - by Titus Vettidius Cladus - 04-13-2020, 07:36 AM