Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Athens and Inaros\'s Rebellion
About Zeys Sotir Niki check page one of "How many Greek reenactors are there?" topic. Paul Allen asked me abd I gave him comprehensive explanation.

40 trirems more likely given the troubles they put themselves into at the time. They would curry more combatants ecxept the usual epivatai complement. Other vessels were not so impressive to catch they eye of the story teller. Remenber even today evryone admires the aircraftcarrier not the supply ship or troop carrier. Another 40 or more odd vessels of all types loaded with adventurers. (The wrecked farms we were talking about!)
Also hoplite training is cheap armor is expensive. There is always the posibility to have more people with the skill than you can equip. The hoplites would force the Persians into Memfis with a brutall allout slog but siege and ground clearnce is lighter infantry work not the fallanx! For the contact of mercenaries Xenophons 10000 offers an insight.
40 to 60000 Persians seem reasonable and Egypt could feed up to 100000.
The numbers exaggerate unless you count the servants of every noble cavalryman! -but they are not combatants.

Meet women funny!-but is used by recruiters from the dawn of time so it must be effective!!! Tercio never talked about Marocan ladies?
Diodorus is a certfied liar and scouondrel who wrote heroic fiction not history-even Herodotus is more credible than him!
Tell me of your progress!
Kind regards

Messages In This Thread
Re: Athens and Inaros\'s Rebellion - by hoplite14gr - 07-13-2005, 01:11 PM
Inaro\'s Rebellion - by Pacal - 07-16-2005, 10:28 PM