Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman 25mm Figures I\'ve been painting (novice/advanced)
Looking good.

A couple of (hopefully) constructive comments:

A quick point on the eyes - kudos for going to the effort of painting them on gaming figures. one thing that I find helps avoid the 'just had something rammed up my posterier' look is to use very light grey rather than pure white, and to paint the whites onto a blacked in eye. It helps the effect the iris/pupil touches the top and bottom, so if you use our current approach then try usign a strip of black rather than a spot. a black micro pen is very useful for doing this is a lot more control.

It also looks like the paint oyu're using is bit thick, which can be an issue for tose citadel paints. I'd try thinning it to about the consistency of skimmed milk. Red's always going to be problem over black if you try that, so those aeras might need blocking in with another colour for a base - purple works well if you want a mellow red, white if you want a good bright one.

I also find a VERY thinned wash of purple will help harmonise things, but seeing as you don't wash that might not be relevant.
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..

Messages In This Thread
Re: Roman 25mm Figures I\'ve been painting (novice/advanced) - by Catiline - 07-18-2005, 02:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A little help with 28mm Roman figures kyle 1 2,069 05-20-2013, 06:08 AM
Last Post: damianlz
  Just Released: Late Roman Cavalry in 25mm Scale Narukami 0 1,455 05-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Last Post: Narukami
  Roman Comic (with action figures) Marcus F. 7 3,476 05-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS