Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Traveling....
RichSC,

Thanks for the book title. I have not read that one yet. It has just been moved to the top of my long reading list.

Carlton,

Thanks again! You have produced even more for me to think about. This impression is completely knew to me, and there are a lot of gaps I'm trying to fill in. The curial idea I have never heard of before, but sounds like something more like what I'm looking for. Circumstances force me to do an upper class impression, though my personality doesn't fit to well with an extremely rich person (I mean, if I had that much more money than I needed, then I would give it away...). So I'm looking for a background of wealth, but not to the extent of being the richest man alive. So, that curial idea intrigues me. Would also allow me more versatility in the impression as I can then switch it from one territory to another depending on event scenarios. The slave part would be easy, as I have already talked a friend from other time periods I do (we do multiple ones together) to come to an event with me :-) ) . I will also try and get those articles you sited in reference to the letter wallet, as that sounds like a project I'd enjoy doing this winter. In regards to Pompeii, I have looked at a few of the fresco's awhile back, but haven't had a chance to look at the collection in depth. I will try to get to it pretty soon however. Again, I thank you for your assistance and giving me a starting point to work off of.

Cheers,
Adam
Gaius Opius Fugi (Adam Cripps)
Moderator, Roman Army Talkv2
Forum Rules: http://www.ancient-warfare.org/index.php...view=rules

Messages In This Thread
When Traveling.... - by Gaius Opius Fugi - 10-17-2005, 11:04 AM
Re: When Traveling.... - by Carlton Bach - 10-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Wow! - by Gaius Opius Fugi - 10-18-2005, 07:23 PM
books on travel - by richard - 10-19-2005, 01:21 AM
Re: Wow! - by Carlton Bach - 10-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Thanks again! - by Gaius Opius Fugi - 10-19-2005, 10:06 PM