Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storage and Transport of equipment
Now I'm confronted with travelling by plane to the Netherlands this week-end. My spatha is too long for my Samsonite case, even diagonally placed Sad
Due to the increase in security for air travels I'm not allowed to carry it as hand luggage (Lest I put it on the air-hostress' throat while I shout: 'Now direct the plane towards Free Germania!!').
Therefore I've bought a cardboard tube of the kind used for rolling blueprints inside (Due the rough handling of the cargo now I feel that it should have been a section PVC piping! :? ). I've glued two wooden elements inside, one forming the bottom and holding the scabbard's chape and the other, placed under the hilt. Those wooden elements allow scutcheons to be screwed to the tube for a carrying strap.
The final step will be to wrap the hilt with as much padding as possible, seal the lid with a ton of tape and stick to the outside the word 'Fragile' in several languages while I pray to all the gods...

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner

Messages In This Thread
Storage and Transport of equipment - by Jvrjenivs - 03-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Re: Storage and Transport of equipment - by aitor iriarte - 03-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Carrying Kit - by Celer - 06-14-2007, 05:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Military Equipment Storage kevair464 25 5,477 01-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Last Post: kevair464