Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexander \'extended edition\' is coming...
Alexander Revisited.......The official release date for Region 1 is February 27th 2007....3 hours and 40 minutes..... Big Grin D
No news as yet about other Regions....but some computer dvd drives read multiregion...

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Alexander Revisited: The Unrated Final Cut for 27th February 2007 priced at $24.98 SRP. Featuring more than 45 minutes of never-before-seen footage, Oliver Stone’s Alexander can now be experienced as he meant it to be seen with this all-new unrated version which brings the film to a heightened level of realism and intensity.

The two-disc set features a new introduction by the director which reflects Stone's passion and attention to detail in getting this film exactly the way he envisioned. Says Stone, "Over the last two years I have been able to sort out some of the unanswered questions about this highly complicated and passionate monarch -- questions I failed to answer dramatically enough. This film represents my complete and last version, as it will contain all the essential footage we shot. I don't know how many filmmakers have managed to make three versions of the same film, but I have been fortunate to have the opportunity because of the success of video and DVD sales in the world, and I felt if I didn't do it now, with the energy and memory I still have for the subject, it would never quite be the same again. For me, this is the complete Alexander, the clearest interpretation I can offer."
Now restructured into two acts with an intermission, Alexander: Revisited takes a bolder, more in-depth look at Alexander's (Colin Farrell) life and his relationships with his mother, Olympias (Angelina Jolie), his father Philip (Val Kilmer), his lifelong friend and battle commander Hephaistion (Jared Leto), Roxane, his ambitious and beautiful Bactrian wife (Rosario Dawson), and his trusted general and confidant Ptolemy (Anthony Hopkins). The new film intensifies the beauty and unbelievable brutality of Alexander's pre-Christian world of social customs and morals so different from todays.

The film (now running 220mins) is presented in anamorphic widescreen with English DD5.1 Surround audio. Beyond the new introduction with director Oliver Stone there are no other confirmed extras.

HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc versions are planned for release later in 2007.

Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-

Messages In This Thread
hmmm - by Caius Fabius - 08-06-2006, 08:27 AM
Alexander Revisited - The Unrated Final Cut - by Arthes - 12-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Updated Alexander website - by Arthes - 02-06-2007, 02:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  History Channel.....Alexander and Romans coming soon Arthes 1 1,069 02-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Optio equitum