Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexander \'extended edition\' is coming...
From what I have seen of the new 'cut' it comes across as a totally different film. It has been rearranged so that from old Ptolemy's reminiscing and remark 'I know, I was there' it cuts to Ptolemy in the tent, pre Gaugamela and the battle ... the story of young Alexander follows...thats all I really know about the sequence at the moment.
Scenes cut from the original for various reasons, have been re-added to give more emphasis or explanation and some not so important scenes have been cut.
Just the little extra added to Alexander's pre-Gaugamela speech made such a difference and as for the battle itself ... that guy who got his knee smashed and was crying out Sad that is battle realism as upsetting as it is.
Oliver knows people hated the film and as he says 'will probably still hate it' but he also knows a lot of people loved it and wanted an extended edition....he has read posts in the Alexander forum, since the film release, how many Hollywood film makers bother to do that..?
Alexander is also a hero to Oliver Stone and yet his attempt to 'humanise' Alexander by giving him feelings and emotions, which may not always be acceptable to some modern minds; as well as show him as the heroic, passionate, headstrong and yes, rather violent king, who boldly rode where no-one else would dare, caused a negative reaction to the film.
Why does everybody think Alexander was a cyborg....a human with a bionic brain who had no feelings, who did not care when his closest friends were killed, who never fell in love or made the occasional mistake or horror of horrors, may have had feelings for another man at times....he was, well, half human....so that half was like the rest of us.. :wink: :wink: !
You do know what Alexander really said to Perdiccas as he gave him the ring ....."I'll be back".
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-

Messages In This Thread
hmmm - by Caius Fabius - 08-06-2006, 08:27 AM
Updated Alexander website - by Arthes - 02-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Re: Alexander \'extended edition\' is coming... - by Arthes - 02-25-2007, 10:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  History Channel.....Alexander and Romans coming soon Arthes 1 1,070 02-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Optio equitum