Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question concerning an event during the Dacian Wars
i shall have to go back in my spare time, lol, and find the reference, but i know i read that LEGIIAPF were recalled from britania after fighting the ordovice celts and supporting other legions pushing into scotland, they were recalled in 86 AD as i read to enter the dacian wars, now my knowledge of pannonia and moesia are little, im learning and i have read they were present in both, so im trying to clear this up. one im in afghanistan so my material and time is limited, two, theres so much conflicting and confusing information out there, as in ive even seen LEGIIAPF originating at misenum in 66AD! not the case that was LEGIO I, II was ravenna, 69/70 AD or so say most.

so am i to understand that the rebellion produced little to no debilitating effect on the war in moesia and that the 1st dacian war concluded with victory in 89 AD? as far as my legions involvemnet i need to clarify perhaps a sub unit was involved, that happened alot with them especially later on....or as ive seen it suggested.

thank you in either case
-Jason

(GNAEVS PETRONIVS CANINVS, LEGIIAPF)

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"

Messages In This Thread
Re: Question concerning an event during the Dacian Wars - by GNAEVS PETRONIVS CANINVS - 08-06-2006, 08:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Helmet Types for then Dacian Wars? Darrell Hindley 3 482 04-06-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Darrell Hindley
  Legions of Trajans Dacian wars marcus ulpius quadratus 17 12,203 03-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Nathan Ross
  Civil Wars question... RebelCub 3 2,222 01-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Last Post: RebelCub