Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You guys \'n gals will probably like this !
Quote:Looks fairly impressive I must say. A fellow could get hurt in there, even with the blunted weapons.

rich

PS - I thought the SCA was supposed to be medieval, but there are some pretty Greek-looking guys in that gallery. See page 2.

People do get hurt - and seriously. There was about a seven year stretch where there was at LEAST one med evac by helicopter. Compound fractures, neck injuries, utterly destroyed knees requiring artificial knee replacement joints... I've seen them happen.

Legio IX Hispana was originally a combined SCA/reenactment group but many fellows decided to only pursue the SCA path (it wasn't as much work..._ and drifted off to 'Spartacusland'.

The are more than a few of us who do fight - many with Hibernicus' Spartans - the fellows you found pics of - and I've often kitted out for SCA wars as either an Imperial or Late roman - depending on which armour I decide to bring.

Unforfunately, the film that you linked to was about one of the worst I've seen regarding fighting - this one was mostly unpraticed, non-tactical gaggles of sword-fodder milling about.

I really have to digitize some of my video and get it up on the web...
Adam MacDonald

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org">www.legio-ix-hispana.org

Messages In This Thread
Re: You guys \'n gals will probably like this ! - by scythius - 09-01-2006, 01:32 AM