Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympic Games (interesting, actually)
Hi guys,

I just flipped through the thread and have picked up quite an education.

Firstly may I state that the Gilgamesh Games revealation and site was not meant to antagonise or upset people. On the contrary it was intended to allow educated people such as yourselves to make the paradigm shift needed to trace back our shared culture, civilisation and traditions back to the Middle East where it all began.

Mankind may have evolved in Africa but civilisation (erroneously divided into Eastern and Western) evolved naturally in the Middle East. This artificial dividing line, that was created during the age of Colonialism, is an element of Edward Said's Orientalism. A theory whose framework is reinforced by the media and depicts one side, the West, as progressive, democratic, ethical and liberated as opposed to its "Other," the East, which is always depicted as regressive, autocratic, undemocratic and despotic.

Quote:But if you were to believe that the Greeks infused something fundamentally new into the subjects they touched, and it is this 'newness' that forms the characteristic aspect of Western civilization, then it would be impossible to find in the "Gilgamesh Games" that spirit and that hero-worship which in truth belongs to the Greek Olympics alone.

I also realise that we can spend countless hours arguing about what element of civilisation was miraculously created in Greece as opposed to evolved in the Middle East. However the majority of the elements such as Religion, Maths, Science, Time, Literature, Athletics, that you refer to as "Western civilisation" naturally evolved in the land between two rivers that is today known as Iraq. But in the end highly subjective terms, such as the one above, will be used to diminish the true source of these achievements.

I ask that opponents of the culutral continuity between East and West simply fall back on the proven scientific approach to proving any theory.

Refer to the source.

Regards,
David Chibo
www.gilgameshgames.org

Messages In This Thread
Re: Olympic Games (interesting, actually) - by Tiglath Pileser III - 08-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Ancient Catapults - by Tiglath Pileser III - 09-22-2008, 01:24 AM