Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marle InternationalHistory Festival 2010
Well about auxilia and females in the first century AD i can be certain, there were none.

Whatever the idea is of the person who wrote that message i do not know, personally i couldnt care less if there was a girl in hamata in the ranks.

The purists however do care, and that is why sometimes these things are frowned upon.. With a lot of re-enactors wearing Deepeeka incorrect stuff, and a hell of a lot of other incorrect stuff which was either not found, badly reconstructed, cheaper or whatever the reason, i think they should not speak and stop pointing out some other people who in their eyes look not to standard.

The truth is, that if you want to be fully accurate, you should buy hand made helmets, up to specs, costing about 1500 Euro at least. same with chain mail...
What you can buy these days for 500 GBP, riveted in iron is very nice indeed. plate armour also comes in varied quality.

Also, nowhere in the sources is it stated that all auxilia wore oval shields, hamatae and bronze helmets. Nowhere in the archaeological evidence, sources et cetera is it proven that what we classify as Cavalry sports helmets were not worn by higher officers like Tribunes or in the case of the Alae, decurions.

There is a lot still to be researched, and not everyone displaying these days is worth of being called totally accurate except for a few minor groups or private persons.

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Marle InternationalHistory Festival 2010 - by S AUFIDIUS - 06-29-2010, 11:00 AM
Re: Marle InternationalHistory Festival 2010 - by MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS - 07-07-2010, 12:43 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marle late Roman festival, August22-23 2015 Robert Vermaat 0 1,781 09-03-2015, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Marle 2013 -late roman & migration period festival Agraes 47 16,245 11-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Yeyo
  Festival Romano de Santander 2010 Iagoba 2 1,127 01-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Anonymous