Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hellenistic image for book cover
This is a long shot but I couldn't think of a better group of people to ask. We have a forthcoming book called Twilight of the Hellenistic World and we are a bit stuck for a cover image. One option is to go down the route of just having a pretty scenic shot of a pile of ruins, the temple at Ephesus or something similar, which could be made to look very nice. But I would like to get our jacket designer to try something that makes it clear this is first and foremost a military history. It's basically about the wars and power struggles between the Successor states in the generation or so before their conquest by the Romans.

Does anyone have some good late Hellenistic reenactment images they'd be willing to let us play around with? You have to own the copyright (ie they have to be your pics) and it has to be a good high res image (one of you already kindly offered something but, alas, the image was not high enough resolution). An image of a single person could work, but it might be nice to have a group of pikemen or something to play with too.

Also, as well as reenactment shots, good images of contemporary depictions (statues, reliefs etc) would be good too, but I know these are in short supply for this period.

One (or more) of you could be immortalized on the cover and I'll make sure you get an early preview of the text and a free copy of the finished thing.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Phil Sidnell
Pen & Sword Books

Messages In This Thread
Hellenistic image for book cover - by philsidnell - 11-11-2010, 04:04 PM