Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scissor Gladiator
Medusa, the double stone-relief that you mention is obscure because it shows that an arbelas is wearing a vambrance in the upper part of the relief but then the lower part of the relief does not define the arm & hand of this same arbelas while he's not wearing his vambrance... which makes it still unclear if the arbelas is or is not an amputee. However, my speculation that amputees played the arbelas role is proven wrong because of a picture that i just saw now in junklemann's book. He shows a stone-relief of an arbelas grasping the trident of a retarius while his vambrance is laying on the ground. //////////// Also, (gently-says)i already know that the vambrance is a removable part of equipment but this still would not have proven that an amputee couldn't wear this because Nossov's book "Gladiator" illustrates the arbelas having the vambrance strapped towards his shoulder which would have held it in place. But again, i am now convinced that the arbelas was not an amputee. Thankyou Medusa anyway for responding to my speculation (smiles).
Michael

Messages In This Thread
Scissor Gladiator - by Šimon Kraj?o - 04-23-2011, 01:59 AM
Re: Scissor Gladiator - by M. Demetrius - 04-23-2011, 07:50 AM
Re: Scissor Gladiator - by michiann - 06-21-2011, 02:59 AM
Re: Scissor Gladiator - by John Maddox Roberts - 06-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Re: Scissor Gladiator - by Medusa Gladiatrix - 06-22-2011, 12:05 AM
Re: Scissor Gladiator - by michiann - 06-22-2011, 07:57 AM
Re: Scissor Gladiator - by michiann - 06-22-2011, 08:29 AM