Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Essentional equipment of the Legions: Rope
I can see what he is refering to, but the point of carrying this equipment is not for yourself, a soldier is there to help engineers to do the work needed, and for that, you need tools and unfortunatly poor miles like miself will be doing the donkey work. I have left my copy of Josephus at work and I believe he mentions carrying an axe, and may be this soldier was carring this, and not a Dolabra. As for the uses of chain and rope, chain has a lot of uses for enginering tasks. In the shipyards all the lifting or dragging of heavy material was done with chain. If you read the accounts of the engineering works the Romans did, too man handle any of the timber ect without the use of dependable haulage equipment seams a bit unbeleiveable. When doing research I have found that a lot of things that you would like to be mentioned are not due to the audience at the time are normaly well aware of the sundries, hence some of the most crucial info is left out as in our case, which is very frustrating.
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Essentional equipment of the Legions: Rope - by brennivs - tony drake - 07-09-2011, 01:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rope Hibernicus 15 2,841 11-09-2007, 03:59 AM
Last Post: M. Demetrius