Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Sneak Peek at the Dioskouri Corinthian
Thank you

It took over a year of carefully studying and tweaking literally every millimeter of its shape. I spent many hours in staring at it then changing something tiny then staring at it, rinse and repeat. In my mind close wasn't going to be good enough. I know this helmet needed to be absolutely spot-on to satisfy those very discerning historians and reeanactors. I knew I could go ahead with the final build after I had gotten a thumbs up from leading researchers of these helmets. They felt I nailed it and that was a great day for me. Finally To be able to say this helmet is indistinguishable from the real ones in its shape, curves and details. They particularly noted the nasal as being absolutely dead on!

Nothing I saw being made was anywhere near what these look like so I had to make my own.

I'll be in Dallas over the weekend and I'll have a great opportunity to sit this helmet next to a Manning. I think the differences will be quite noticeable.
Michael

Messages In This Thread
First Sneak Peek at the Dioskouri Corinthian - by Dioskouri - 09-28-2012, 02:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Kopis From Dioskouri katsika 54 13,897 02-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Daniel S.
  dioskouri KrimzonKnight 1 1,997 06-08-2011, 04:36 AM
Last Post: katsika