Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Segmentata hinges
Claudia,<br>
<br>
Thanks for the info. After having searched around I have to confess (rather sheepishly) that it was the Kalkriese I was thinking of. As posted on the Leg VIII Aug site (yours?).<br>
<br>
Guilty as charged, I'm Optio with the Chester Guard (although that is the name of the parade, we now call ourselves Deva Victrix).<br>
<br>
I may drop you a line if I have no joy finding the references from the Museum, or I could well take your advice and have a jolly down to Isca.<br>
<br>
I guess there's no way of dodging the work, I'm just gonna have to spend the time cutting the lobed hinges. No piercings this time though.<br>
<br>
I like the idea of a stamp/press but I recently found out the tooling costs for this and it's well beyond my means.<br>
Work commitments are getting the better of me, so my five sets will be spaced out over the next 12 months.<br>
<br>
I've convinced the chaps that you can't rush a good job!<br>
Best regards.<br>
<br>
Mummius<br>
<br>
PS. I agree totally with your comments on the tunic reconstruction. Chesters resident full-time roman's, have definitely raised this point.The inconsistency between the historical references and the reality of wearing a vast tunic under lorica, has bothered me, but I don't suppose we'll ever solve it. <p></p><i></i>

Messages In This Thread
Segmentata hinges - by Anonymous - 02-11-2004, 10:41 PM
Lorica hinges - by Matthew Amt - 02-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Lorica hinges - by Anonymous - 02-12-2004, 11:10 PM
lorica hinges - by Anonymous - 02-17-2004, 12:35 AM
lorica hinges - by Anonymous - 02-19-2004, 07:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inexpensive Die-Cut Lorica segmentata Lobate Hinges availabl Matt Lukes 8 3,557 08-23-2015, 12:42 AM
Last Post: mjursic
  Segmentata hinges: what function do they serve? lorica2011 10 2,920 07-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Titus Marius Secundus
  Segmentata hinges - is \'red brass\' ok? Flavius Promotus 8 2,889 02-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Flavius Promotus