Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BRASSO is my FRIEND? What other things do use?
Sorry Crispvs... my original post was 2+ months ago. Because I was a beginner and still am, I thought that is where it belonged.

It is funny that this thread was activated again today... OK... I am no longer a Seg. cleaning virgin! I cleand a Lorica Segmentata for the first time but wait... I purchased a set of Lorica Segmentata a couple months ago that was on Craigslist. (An online classified ad online in the USA). It appeared to be tarnished and slightly rusted when I saw it on the website and I was able to talk the guy down to $50.00. I met the person and purchased it while it was a bit dark outside and I could see the discoloration, slight rust and staining when I bought it. But, today I decided to begin to clan it... NO WONDER THE LEGIONARIES GOT BEATEN FOR SEG. THAT DIDN'T SHINE!

I need a Slave! I unbelted the shoulder plates. Tried using naval jelly... that was a joke. Using an abrasive Scothbrite seems to do the trick.. but man oh man... what a work out! It took about an hour and a half to two hours and I am still not totally done win ONE SHOULDER! Good Grief!

At least I talked the guy down to $50.00 for the seg. You get what you pay for... I know. But at least it is beginning to look good. I am actually using the scotchbrite and a penetrating oil to bring it back into a shine. I guarantee...
It will never get to that condition again!

Patrick

Messages In This Thread
BRASSO is my FRIEND? What other things do use? - by Patrick - 02-14-2013, 08:26 AM