Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you reenactment / Living History
(07-23-2016, 06:37 PM)JoeSmoe69 Wrote: Why is it so important the public knows about the ancient Roman army? Why does the public need to know the difference between a spear and a javelin, or that the Praetorians depicted in Gladiator are mistaken? How will such information benefit a child or inquiring adult and, furthermore, the world?
1. People who are in it for themeselves
2. People who are in it for others

Well, I think you expect a bit too much from regular public Tongue
Before people will see differnece between what you wrote, it would be awesome if they knew that Romans are not just "Asterix & Obelix" Romans with gladius, segmentata and gallic. That's classic roman-army view. No matter if you talk about Ceaser's times or Constantine, people alwasy imagine this type of Roman.

I would put myself between 1 and 2.

I do it for myself, becasue I was fascinated about ancient history since... forever. But I do this at highest possible level to show people the most accurate history I can, to talk with them, explain etc. I find it very entertaining for me to teach people.

I was also wiriting work at the end of unversity from roman law so...
Damian

Messages In This Thread
Why do you reenactment / Living History - by Luca - 12-11-2012, 03:17 AM
RE: Why do you reenactment / Living History - by Damianus Albus - 07-23-2016, 09:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Living History and advanced students, eg, IBO richsc 0 1,078 07-16-2017, 05:19 AM
Last Post: richsc
  EXARC and living history groups richsc 0 1,045 12-02-2016, 12:34 PM
Last Post: richsc
  International living history standards richsc 22 7,588 11-01-2016, 05:45 AM
Last Post: Luca