Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Event planning resources,& college Classics guide
Greetings! As fellow reenactors I wanted to get your thoughts on this idea I have started. It is likely much easier in Europe to get interested people to show up and to participate, but over here it is a continual struggle. One thing that is missing is a central repository of information that can get everyone up to a similar level of knowledge quickly.

My goal was to write down in a useful format the information we need to put on events, who to contact, possible interests, the context for resources and links between them.

Though not entirely sure how to describe it, it is a visual map providing an inventory and context of the resources associated with Classical studies and activities in the Washington/VA/Md area, from schools to gov't support. The idea is to have both a comprehensive list of everyone in the area who touches classical themes and to show the context in which they work, relations to other groups, etc. The link below should take you to a webpage and pull up 'the Brain' which is the actual work.

http://webbrain.com/brainpage/brain/99DF...D626A67A25

How it works:
it looks initially like just a hierarchy of items. Click on any one and the entire diagram (aka 'plex') shifts to put that 'thought' front and center. You can follow that up and down. But you can also see how any particular thought relates to other thought by a 'jump' sideways. Use the search box in the lower left and put in VGLA and see what you get.

It is a work in progress, so will be refined continually: I add new elements every day, and it will be reorganized periodically.

Comments, suggestions, etc all welcome. Since it is a free software and read only they don't allow multiple editors so I have to make all changes.

Thanks

Richard Campbell
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?

Messages In This Thread
Event planning resources,& college Classics guide - by richard - 06-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Visual data for event planners - by jkaler48 - 06-13-2013, 06:52 PM
Visual data for event planners - by richard - 06-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Visual data for event planners - by jkaler48 - 06-15-2013, 01:20 AM
Visual data for event planners - by richard - 06-15-2013, 03:19 AM
Visual data for event planners - by jkaler48 - 06-15-2013, 10:52 PM
Visual data for event planners - by richard - 06-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Visual data for event planners - by richard - 06-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Visual data for event planners - by richard - 07-20-2013, 12:44 PM