Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Get into Re-Enactment and Reconstruction
Hey all!
So a year ago I downloaded a game called "Total War Rome 2: Emperor Edition" and was forever changed. After being fascinated by the history of the Roman Republic and Empire, I started buying books and researching all I could about Rome and its interactions with her neighbors(soon to be provinces XD). I have been saving money up for a while now, and have been looking to get into re-enacting and getting familiar with other people who share my passion and interest in Rome. I live in the San Diego area in California, and was wondering how I should get into re-enacting and what Roman re-enacting groups there are in my area, as I haven't found much. I would like to buy(or create if I could) Roman military equipment as well as civilian attire and equipment. I was wondering where I should buy such things, and furthermore find people who I can interact with, for the Romans don't fight by themselves, they fight together as a unified, cohesive army. Also, for the equipment, I want something that I can actually use and be as durable as actual Roman armor used in ancient times. I am planning to buy a display case for the equipment and would love to know some tips on maintaining my equipment and finding a re-enactment group I can join. Thanks for reading this post, and I hope to learn more about Roman history as well as re-enact it in today's time. 

Hope to see you soon at a re-enactment!
Scottk100
P.S. BTW I have had people tell me I can't re-enact because I am Korean-American(although tbh American first) and therefore wouldn't "fit in place" in a re-enactment. I do believe the Romans used auxiliary units and did recruit people of Middle Eastern and Asian heritage to a degree. Am I allowed to re-enact or should I just buy the equipment and re-enact in private? Thanks and if you know of any good re-enactments in California, please tell me! I'd love to attend one and meet people who also have an interest and passion in Rome!

Messages In This Thread
How to Get into Re-Enactment and Reconstruction - by scottk100 - 01-06-2017, 12:10 PM