Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman helmets: Imperial Gallic/Italic and Ridge - comparisons and sources
(10-09-2019, 10:51 PM)Nathan Ross Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 09:31 PM)Crispianus Wrote: I would want to see a metal analysis, as far as I know theres nothing further known about it....

I don't know if you saw this interesting post about that helmet - a little more information, and even an X-ray!

But yes, we'll probably never know for sure when or where it comes from...

Exactly by no provenance I mean its has no archaeological data, no find spot or reliable dating etc... unfortunatly this is the case with many such pieces.. In this condition and in the absence of reliable archaeological data I'd want some evidence that the material is consistant with production from the era at least.

Could you fake it... absolutely, like most things it depends on how far your prepared to go....
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roman helmets: Imperial Gallic/Italic and Ridge - comparisons and sources - by Crispianus - 10-10-2019, 08:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Imperial Gallic J - Robinson's mistake? Konstantin Ankilov 6 2,427 01-24-2021, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Militarus
  Imperial Gallic I Moguntiacum Marc 3 1,888 07-16-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: drsrob
  Imperial Gallic D Helm Konstantin Ankilov 8 2,808 10-18-2017, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Konstantin Ankilov