Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A New Game For Roman Gurus...
Hi,<br>
<br>
welcome to the board. Well, you are making a game. Great, I used to do that also. Lets see if i can answer some of your questions.<br>
<br>
1) Types of siege equipments. Weel, by my memory the types of siege equipments by the Romans were onagers (catapults), Ballista (bolt-throwers, if i am not mistaking) and scorpio's (stone-throwers). Good info about roman sieges are the stories of the sieges of Jerusalem, Masada and Alesia.<br>
The different types of units is immense. This realy depends on which area you are talking about (kingdom, republic, early empire or late empire). You can get good info about this on this site :<br>
<br>
members.tripod.com/~S_van_Dorst/legio.html<br>
<br>
2) type of currency. Also depens on the area : see link :<br>
www.geocities.com/~stilicho/coinage.html<br>
<br>
3) types of formations. hmmm. the testudo-formation was only used in sieges. Other formations were more normal ones : lines, columns and march-columns. Overall battle-deployment were placing the units in single, two, three and four lines (all in a 'Quincunx'-formation (this is a modern term for the chequerboard manipular battle order resembling the five dots on dice. This was NOT a term used by the Romans for this type of battle deployment).<br>
<br>
The book "Caesar" by Theodore Aryault Dodge gives good info about question 1) and 3).<br>
<br>
I hope that this will help you (i am doing this by memory..). Good luck with the game!<br>
<br>
Greetings Jeroen<br>
<p></p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.

Messages In This Thread
A New Game For Roman Gurus... - by Anonymous - 10-18-2001, 12:13 AM
Re: A New Game For Roman Gurus... - by Jeroen Pelgrom - 10-18-2001, 06:55 AM
Re: A New Game For Roman Gurus... - by Anonymous - 10-18-2001, 06:37 PM
Re: A New Game For Roman Gurus... - by Anonymous - 10-18-2001, 10:50 PM
Re: A New Game For Roman Gurus... - by Anonymous - 10-18-2001, 11:27 PM
Re: A New Game For Roman Gurus... - by Guest - 10-19-2001, 06:35 AM