Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Version of Spartacus
Dear Graham,

As for the set, that you are referring to, I believe that some of it still exist on the North out shirts of Madrid.

The Filming Studios were located in what is now the City of Tres Cantos and was called Estudios Roma. However, that has been demolished to give way to the city I mentioned about 2 decades ago.

However, accordng to friends some settings exist. I will look into the matter for your future request. I live about 1 hour from the area.

Stephen McMahon Smile
Stephen John McMahon
Dear Stephen

Thanks for your reply. I would appreciate any information, especially pictures of what the sets look like today.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Graham,

I asked our Primer pilus about the outcome of the "Fall of the Roman Empire" sets.

As I mentioned before the main Rome set was demolished for the now standing city of Tres Cantos. This was some 30 miles north of Madrid going towards the mountains.

There were 2 other sets. 1 on the Province of Madrid side of the Mountain Range and another on the Segovian Province Side of the range. However, the were more like mess camps for the extras and according to him both are hardly if at all recognizable.

The "Spartacus" scene where the slaves & gladiators are seen marching through a village that has in the background and Arch of Triumph and fortress wall still exist. It is in the City where I live presently. ALCALA DE HENARES, MADRID called in the roman 1 AD COMPLUTUM. Look in GOOGLE for more information.

Stephen McMahon Smile
Stephen John McMahon
Hello Stephen.

Thank you for taking the time to find out information about the sets from The Fall of The Roman Empire. What a pity nothing now survives. Perhaps future archaeologists will excavate the remains like they did with the old Ten Commandments sets!

Do you know if the settings of the battle in the Forest or the chariot race remain the same or have they been developed too?

Graham.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Simon Atherton of 'Gladiator' Fame has now made the armour for 'Kingdom of Heaven'. The costume designer from 'Gladiator', Janty Yates has also worked on 'Kingdom of Heaven'! However the making of the movie documentary assures us that everything in the new film, including the sets and costumes are all historically accurate!

Graham.

Let's not despair. I'm sure these people could have created an historically accurate look for "Gladiator" had that been what Ridley Scott wanted. As it happened, he wanted a fantasy look instead, and he was the guy handing out the paychecks. Maybe this time he wants accuracy. We'll know in a few days, anyway.
Pecunia non olet

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Version of Spartacus derek forrest 2 1,048 03-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Tarbicus