Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad News
I am thankful to all of you for your wishes and prayers for me and my workers. Such words gives strength to fight and to bounce back with much more energy and vigour.

If any anybody wishes to order anything that will be a great help to us to be back. Loss of my workers is a great and invaluable loss to me and to my workshop. In terms of finance we lost nearly US$ 30,000.00. Please do not take it otherwise. A little help in the form of a small order will be thanked all the time.

Regards,
Suhel
Ave,Y'all,
To quote Maureen Mc Cullough "Let the Dice Fly High!" #1. I am convinced that Musculatas were made of metal. Just because we haven't found many does not mean they didn't exist. Some parts could have been leather but what it comes down to is this: Unless someone has a time machine to go back and bring a few back, (along with a few very angry officers) ,who knows for sure. #2. I'm putting aside money for a metal musculata and I'll be hanged if I'm going to let some S.C.A. moose beat on a piece of art that I paid thousands of dollars for!!! When I kick off, it'll go to my daughter and so on....Its Art!
#3 For combat of Larp or S.C.A. rattan, I'll use a leather musculata over a padded subarmalis. I hope that my suggestions of what I'm doing will help calm things down. I enjoy the dicussions about the musculatas, don't misunderstand me, its just that I do not want to see our group split over something that in the long run is meaningless....the RAT equivalent of the old argument of "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin." Let me know what you think. Salve,
Vitruvius.....aka Larry Mager
Larry A. Mager
My sincerest condolences. Rest assured that the thoughts and prayers of my family will be with you and your people. God bless.

Sincerely,
Tyler
Tyler

Undergrad student majoring in Social Studies Education with a specialty in world history.

"conare levissimus videri, hostes enimfortasse instrumentis indigeant"
(Try to look unimportant-the enemy might be low on ammunition).
Suhel,
Do you do Pugios? I am going to need a pugio from the period of Marcus Aurelius, (161-180 C.E.) If you would P.M. me with the price, perhaps that will help. Let me know what you need in the way of information. Our, (Jaqui and I ) earlier P.M. still stands. Compared to other re-enacting groups, we are, as a group , small and we need to stand together in solidarity. What hurts one of us hurts us all. Jaqui agrees that I need to have You, Suhel, to make the Pugio. One thing that Jaqui and I do request: When you get the Pugio made, please, please, sign your name and which ever of your workman made it, have them sign it.....after all, We know it will be a true work of art!!!!
Salve for now my Friend,
Vitruvius and Antonia......aka Larry and Jaqui Mager
Larry A. Mager
Suhel, it is never easy to say something when a person loses a friend who is a valued employee, not to even mention the loss of a production business and large sum of capital. I will just mirror my fellow legionnaires by giving my condolences to the family of this poor departed soul and wish you the best in your personal recovery.
I have a small portion of my helmet project that I may be able to have you fabricate for me out of brass, but it is a very small job. Please contact me when you are ready to again open your shop and I will fill you in on what I need and we can go from there.
My best to you and all concerned in this tragic event.
Manius Acilicus Italicus
Bob Cherry
Manius Acilius Italicus
I'm very sorry to hear that, Suhel. My condolences, and I hope that everyone who was injured is recovering, and that you get the business up and running again soon.
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
This is to inform you all that now we are back to work after the tragedy. Of course,our speed is not as fast as earlier but we are doing our best to deliver all pending orders as early as possible.

Thanks for your patience and full support and prayers at that moment of time.

Regards,
Suhel
Thanks for the update Suhel,

Fingers crossed on them uscle cuirass, I have two weeks before the event I need it for. So I'll hope for the best.
M.VAL.BRUTUS
Brandon Barnes
Legio VI Vicrix
www.legionsix.org
Thanks for the update, Suhel,
Don't get in a hurry to get back up to speed. Things will go the way they will go w/o our help.
BTW After the 1st of July I will "Snail Mail' you the drawings and information on the Pugio I wish to have You and Your Work "Family" build for me. Jaqui asked me if you would please let he and I know what sort of Bodice dagger design yoou have in mind?
All of our Best Wishes and our prayers are with you and Everyone affected by the Tragedy.
Vitruvius and Antonia......aka Larry and Jaqui Mager
Larry A. Mager
Hi Suhel,

Glad to hear you are back up and running. I hope your injured workers made a good recovery. All the best!!
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
Down to 10 days before the event and no word on the status of the order I placed, and payed for n March....
M.VAL.BRUTUS
Brandon Barnes
Legio VI Vicrix
www.legionsix.org
Suhel,
I send my deepest condolences. All the best for you and your workers and their families. It is a big tragedy... I am sending all the best from Czech republic to India. HOpe, It will be better in short time.
Radka Hlavacova A.K.A Titvs Iventivs Martivs
Tesserarivs Legio IIII FF
Castra Romana, Czech republic
"Concordia militvm"
Any news on my Patera ordered and paid for in September? Lets shift those back orders and get some new ones coming in to help yourselves in creating new items and income.
Kevin
Kevin
Suhel,

Please accept my condolences for the death of of your employee and the injuries to others in your company. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Best regards,

Lucianus
L.E. Pearson
Suhel!

I just heard about this terrible tragedy. Please accept my best wishes.

Most sincerely,

Your friend, Alan
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb