Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very important finding in Rome: emperors signa (?)
I'm in touch with the archeologist, they promised me for the next week to give me pics and many more details.
I will publish everything soon I have them.
Luca Bonacina
Provincia Cisalpina - Mediolanum
www.cisalpina.net
Finally I got some pictures!
Go here http://www.romanhideout.com/News/2006/20060622.asp or check the home page.
Luca Bonacina
www.cisalpina.net
Very interesting find (i have to admit that i don't understand why it was connected to imperial insignia) at least we know what happened to trilobite arrows Big Grin . This glass ball reminded me on find from Childeric's grave.
Stefan Pop-Lazic
by a stuff demand, and personal hesitation
From all that I've read and seen, I think it's a real stretch of the imagination to attribute these things:
1) To an imperial person and,
2) To a specific imperial person, in this case Maxentius.
So far, all I can see are three spearheads of late roman style and some glass balls that could be anything. Where is that "scepter" they keep talking about?
Pascal Sabas
you are right. The archeologist Mrs. Panella didn't explained me very much, and now I suspect they won't to say too much details in order to give much more infos in the official ("sensational") announcement tha can be made by the ministry directly.

What I understand is that there are also some true scepters, but I don't have images for the moment, sorry.
Luca Bonacina
www.cisalpina.net

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Good Emperors - Was Rome onto something? Timotheus 9 2,511 09-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Last Post: greekwarrior34