Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG...pepper spray SUCKS!!!
Unfortunately we're not allowed to get tazered. Service policy, though I'm not sure why.

The only other pain I can compare the OC to is migraines...and for the time it lasted, I'd say the OC won, and my migraines when I get them are brutal.

Legion: TBD
The OC was great!! I got it in the academy while I still wore contact lenses....dear lord that hurt!! I made it through 7 hours of the OC training, then got the "page", my wife went into labor with our youngest daughter and I went straight to ER....the Doc would laugh everytime my face would flare up...didnt get to wash up proper.

That was the worst part of the academy, after I stayed awake for Juvenile Law......lol

The Taser is a great tool, I got hit with one for the 5 second ride, I would rather remain hooked up to it for a few cycles than get sprayed again! I got my Taser instructor certificate last Nov. Good luck!! Keep us posted!!

God Bless!

Wes
Titvs Calidivs Agricola
Wes Olson

Twas a woman that drove me to drink, and I never thanked her. W.C. Fields
Wow, that's some funny stuff Wes. I found the burning on my skin almost as bad as in my eyes...and showering definately made it worse. The next day my buddy took a shower, and he somehow got OC down his butt crack and onto is butt. Talk about the ring of fire...it was good for a laugh though. lol

Legion: TBD
OUCH!!

I did make the mistake once of cutting up some Jalepeno and Habenero peppers that we bought at a produce stand. Made nice diced pieces and tossed them into bags to freeze for cooking. Made the mistake of popping a few frosty's during the whole process. Then I had to hit the toilet....man o man...wake up call.....forgot to wash the paws......I dont cook much with real peppers anymore.....lol

Wes
Titvs Calidivs Agricola
Wes Olson

Twas a woman that drove me to drink, and I never thanked her. W.C. Fields
Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

All painful stuff...worst I've had was being tear gassed in Zimbabwe- no fun, but over relatively quickly.....
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
Quote:Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

All painful stuff...worst I've had was being tear gassed in Zimbabwe- no fun, but over relatively quickly.....

Crikey! What did you do to deserve that ? Confusedhock:

Wes:
Quote:Then I had to hit the toilet....man o man...wake up call.....forgot to wash the paws......

LOOOOL!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
I used to do a lot of work in Africa, and just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Demonstrations in Harare on the main roads with a maze of lanes in between - police vans patrolling the main roads. I was going from one office to another and the security man recommended that we cut through the maze of lanes. Demonstrators ran from the main street into the lanes, followed by a volley of tear gas fired down the lanes- just where we were. Unpleasant....
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
As a young lieutenant, I had been running the gas chamber for about 8 hours. The only person who was supposed to be there, but who had not gone through, was my own dear company commander. (After the first 7 hours, you get used to the pain, your sinuses are clear and you can walk around in the chamber without a mask for a short time, as long as you don't wear contacts). ((I found this out accidently when a panicking soldier grabbed may mask and ripped it off during my next to last class of the day...)) Sad

As I was not able to order my Company Commander to come to the gas chamber, I did the next best thing. I reported to his office, and went in and informed him that the exercise was concluded, while still wearing my CS impregnated MOPP suit. He dismissed me and I did my best impression of a WW2 German or British "snap to and salute, with a heel click and stomp" :twisted: needless to say I was able to write down that the company commander had also had his yearly exposure to tear gas....... :twisted:

After a few months in that job, we were able to use commercial pepper 'defense' spray on food as seasoning, and actually take short bursts as "breath spray" (when drunk). I now have no sense of smell, but that comes in handy from time to time in my various pursuits and travels......

BYW if you kiss a girl after that breath freshener, it will pretty much prevent getting a date.... Confusedhock:
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
I will be sure to advise my young squad of this potential relational misstep. They will appreciate a bit of life advice fromt he old grizzled sergeant.
Id be more worried about been attacked from behind by a cadet myself.
Ainsley
Wandering Soldier
Quote:Id be more worried about been attacked from behind by a cadet myself.

The cadet who attacked me from behind was not a worry. She was a good looking brunette. You have to think these things out in advance. Proper planning is what Police work is all about. The problem was I didn't have any incentive to think much about it with the pepper spray burning my face off.

Ralph I.
who wishes good looking brunettes would attack him on a regular basis...
Or blondes, or redheads, or...... :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
or anything with a head? :lol:
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus
[Image: comitatus.jpg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comitatus.net">www.comitatus.net
..... or a skirt?????? Confusedhock:
Ainsley
Wandering Soldier
....with a pulse! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ARCHEONEWS SUCKS (on my computer, that is) !! MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS 6 1,463 02-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS