Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Furca, show yours
Well, I have all the stimulus I require, but if we have to lower the tone of the conversation to below cinqulum level, I am well versed in that my friends.
But, having had to rely on a train of sometimes rebelious slaves to pack my equipment about Gaul, I think having one of these really neat, modern equipment carriers, will ensure that my most essential gear does not vanish over the horizon in a cloud of dust at the first sign of the barbarians! :twisted:

Its amazing what they come up with this trend towards smaller and smaller pieces of gear! Isn't modern science amazing!! :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Its amazing what they come up with this trend towards smaller and smaller pieces of gear! Isn't modern science amazing!!

....so, Byron, are we talking about a Furca here, or an ipod, or both again ??? :? ) lol:
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Furpod?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Have a look.

This is my first attempt.

Comments are welcome.

[Image: IMG_4027-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4028.jpg]
Gratias multas,

Tom
Meus caput capitis est quoque magnus pro meus galea!

Titus Tiberivs Crispvs

Tom Clegg
Des Moines, IA
USA
Titus Tiberius-

You'll find it MUCH more comfortable if you take your helmet off - as the neckguard on the helmet and the crossbar of the furca want to occupy the same space.
Adam MacDonald

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org">www.legio-ix-hispana.org
You are quite right!

Thanks,

Tom
Meus caput capitis est quoque magnus pro meus galea!

Titus Tiberivs Crispvs

Tom Clegg
Des Moines, IA
USA
@ Tom.
You carry your shield in the hand? That´s really uncomfortable, i think.
Marcus Iulius Chattus

Me that ave been what i´ve been-
Me that ave gone where i´ve gone-
Me that ave seen what i´ve seen-
...Me!
(Rudyard Kipling)
Still, overall, a very complete looking kit, and more than most reenactors can boast. Laus for you, sir!

Just an observation on the Fork v Cross versions. It's a heckuva lot easier to find a straight stick that can be cut and fastened together than a forked stick that has the right size, balance, and angle configuration. Forks tend to break at the junction, as the grain separates naturally in two directions there. I'm scouting my woods to find such a fork and if I do, I'll harvest it. Most likely candidates are the cedars (Mountain juniper to the purist) and hickories. Our oaks are too twisted, or too big. Blackjack oak. Elm is too soft, I think, unless it's just the right age. Willow? Too weak.

Picture follows if I can find one.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Very good gear!
How did you do the leather bag? The gunny type? I am going to try and do one myself, but am using a circle for the bottom. Would that be inaccurate, anyone?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel