Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Your Greek Artwork
It's a mixture of both company's figures Yannis.
Kallimachos a.k.a. Kurt

Athina Itonia
[Image: smallsun1.gif]
[url=http://www.hetairoi.de:4a9q46ao][/url]
I got the Zvezda ones. Now i must find time to paint them.
aka Yannis
----------------
Molon lave
[Image: Studio_Corinzio_4_0_by_Lemures87.jpg]
[Image: Elmo_corinzio_by_Lemures87.jpg]
[Image: Samnite_by_Lemures87.jpg]
[Image: Elmo_Calcidese_by_Lemures87.jpg]
[Image: Tomba_del_Tuffatore_by_Lemures87.jpg]

Just some scraps...I'm not so good
Non auro sed ferro recuperanda est patria
Nulla alia gens tanta mole cladis obruta esset
[Image: vasolib30240105up4.jpg]

Francesco Saverio Quatrano
Hairete!
I dont know if i mentioned it before, but beside my work (graphic design) I always enjoyed creative hobbies. One of those, is pyrography. Pyrography as its name says, means ''writing-drawing with fire''. Its a burning technique where you draw on surfaces (usually wood, leather, paper but other also) by applying heat. The more heat the darker the tone. The result is similar to a tatoo. Also its permament and you cannot erase once something goes wrong.
Usually i do this on music instruments (guitars, basses etc). The kind of wood also affects the precedure (easy or hard) and offcourse the result. The more consistent and fine the wood, the smoother and better the image in the end. This time, my dad asked me if i could make a pyrography on a door for a small storage space under the wooden stairs, of our country side house. The surface measures 2mX60cm. And the material is hard plywood. He asked for an ancient greek theme and i thought, what better from an archaic hoplite ''guarding'' the door. The problem was the size. I never made a pyrography that big. The pyrographer(the burning tool) itself its made for small designs and has small edges. The second problem was the wood, as plywood isnt the best thing you can work on. That resulted to a tedius task worked over a month period in daily basis.

I tried to do my best given the material. I took certain artistic liberties on the hoplite armament, so please dont eat me alive for aiming for coolness more than accuracy. Also i made a mistake by accident. I forgot the sauroter. I drew the spear lines and then realised that got carried away. Too bad, cause pyrography forgives not mistakes. No Ctrl+Z here.
he pictures i post are not the best i know and the surface isnt varnished yet (something that will add to it alot, especially the contrast), but its a good taste. Once its all done i ll post some more, if you want me to.

Its the hardest one i ever done, after a cheap guitar of a friend that still had traces of primer on it. Those fumes... i really saw the colors then :mrgreen: ...

[Image: dscn0685.th.jpg]

[Image: dscn0691.th.jpg]

[Image: dscn0692f.th.jpg]

[Image: dscn0700.th.jpg]

[Image: dscn0701.th.jpg]

[Image: dscn0702.th.jpg]

[Image: dscn0704.th.jpg]

[Image: dscn0705v.th.jpg]

[Image: dscn0706.th.jpg]

[Image: dscn0714h.th.jpg]

[Image: dscn0717d.th.jpg]

[Image: dscn0718.th.jpg]

[Image: dscn0719.th.jpg]

[Image: dscn0720.th.jpg]
aka Yannis
----------------
Molon lave
Wow! Yanni,this is absolutely great work! I'd love to have such a thing,and I'd love to have been able to do it! It's a nice combination of re-enactors' and other artifacts' characteristics,as well as phantasy,to produce something new. The crest is excellent. Laudes would be well deserved.
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
Euharisto Yanni Big Grin
aka Yannis
----------------
Molon lave
wow!! Excellent work!!

Hi!
I'd like to present a bit of (a)historical accurate sculpting: Amazon

[Image: amazaonka6b.jpg] [Image: amazonka6a.jpg]
Maciej Pomianowski
known also as \'ETAIROS
Actually it can be more historical than you think.

The women of the Paeonians who escaped the Persians and returned to the home land might have been like that.

Change the quiver with amore greek one and the boots with the "beotian" and you get the women of the Malians and Locrians as guerillas versus the retreating Xerxes Army.

Add more "winterly" apearnce and an axe instead of the akinakes and yoy have the women of the Aetolians fighting as guerillas versus the Celts at 278 B.C.

Kind regards
Gioi,
This may be of interest to you and others who are Photoshop literate:
[url:1llvvt6f]http://www.photoshoptalent.com/photoshop-tutorials/greek-painting.php[/url]
Peter Raftos
Just remember to use your new powers for good not evil..
Peter Raftos
[Image: Franghiskos_I_Euerghetes_by_Lemures87.jpg]
eimì

Yes that is my face, or something similar, I'm not so beautiful and Now I have no beard Tongue

[Image: Spartan_by_AlessandroLessa.jpg]
Oplite warrior taken from my Xenophon "Ananbasi" frontpage.
I have re-made it and add the Lambda on the Shield.
my warrior blog:
http://sardinianwarrior.blogspot.com/
My Sardinian archeology blog: http://archeosardinia.blogspot.com

Alessandro Atzeni. Nuragic, Roman and Medioeval reenactor.

my Family http://memoriaemilites.weebly.com/
thanks! wonderfull!!