Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: what roman movie should you like to see made?
Ave Titvs:

My choices as to which period to set the movie in are as follows:

48 BC-27AD: Caesar's later career/reign of Augustus

68 AD: Year of the Four Emperors

90 AD-117 AD: End of Domitianus' reign/Empire's greatest extent during the reign of Hadrianus

I'm not really concerned abiout the actors. If the production company could get Dan Peterson, Michael Simkins, Jasper Oorthyus, Matt Amt and a few others to be their authenticity committee, the coolness level would be monumental.

Vale:

Gaius Octavius Drusus
Michael Garrity
Quote:I'm not really concerned abiout the actors. If the production company could get Dan Peterson, Michael Simkins, Jasper Oorthyus, Matt Amt and a few others to be their authenticity committee, the coolness level would be monumental.

hmmmm. Matt Amt and Dan Peterson around the same table.... Who else would go for the filmed committee sessions over the actual movie?
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
Quote:hmmmm. Matt Amt and Dan Peterson around the same table.... Who else would go for the filmed committee sessions over the actual movie?

I would! The actual battle scenes from that 'session' would be better than any movie so far!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
The film of the committee.

Would that be a Roman version of "My Dinner with Andre"
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
Nero - Jack Black
Galba - Tony Sirico
Otho - Leonardo di Caprio
Vitellius - James Gandolfini
Vespasianus - Udo Thomer
--- Marcus F. ---
how about joe pesci as nero and jack black as commodus?
Animals die, friends die, and I shall die, but one thing never dies, and that is the reputation we leave behind after our death.
No man loses Honour who had any in the first place. - Syrus
Octavianvs ( Johnn C. ) MODERATOR ROMAN ARMY TALK
Click for Rule for Posting [url:3135udah]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
SALVE

Year of the four emperors could be a very interesting film! It could be made too a kind of biography of Vespasianus, including the British War, Jewish War, Civil War, german revolts and so. And the coliseum's construction, of course.
8)

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Quote:Or the Year of the Four Emperors? That bit in Tacitus about the legionary killing his own father during the Second Battle of Cremona was just made for a movie.
"Luci, pater tuus sum!" :wink:

for a movie about Caesar:
Caesar - Ralph Fiennes
Pompeius - Harvey Keitel
Crassus - Ian McDiarmid
Vercingetorix - Ewan McGregor
Ariovist - William Fichtner
Cleopatra - Penelope Cruz
--- Marcus F. ---
Cleopatra-Penelope Cruz!.... yammm!... yammy :wink: that spaniard is the one for that one.... (sigh) uhhhj! Cleopatras....kisses....kisses 8)

Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
I thought Massimo Manfredi wanted to turn his book "L'ultima legione" into a movie... it could be interesting...

But I'd vote for Iulianus Apostate life.

Or what about Ammianus Marcellinus biography? Hi was a soldier in his youth, wasn't he?
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
8)

I think the 'Last Legion' from Manfredi would be a very good movie. Great story!
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
8)

Getting frustrated you're not a wealthy movie executive?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine