Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
Hey guys!!

Its been a year since i found this place and ive finally decided to join up!!A case of jump before i was pushed really Big Grin D .

Well im Mike Hayes, a 19 year old college undergrad and to tell the truth ive always had an interest in military life ,especially in the greek side.I wouldnt be calling myself an expert or even close!but hey theres time for that too!Reenacting would be a nice hobby for the future....when ive some money spare though.

I just want to say that this site has really made a great impression and if i could find a few irish it would be great.

Cheers
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
Hi Michael,

Welcome to RAT!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
As ever, welcome to all our 'tiros' ! Smile D

Mike,...there are plenty of Irish here, including some who re-enact.....for example search posts by 'Ceannt'
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Thanks for the help lads.A fine site with fine members,the luck of the irish strikes again Big Grin D .
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.

Michael,

There's a group or two based in the Cork area.

Here http://www.romanarmy.ie/news.htm

and here http://romansireland.com/
I've already replied to you elsewhere but hello anyway Mike!
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Cheers Peroni,ill give 'em a call and see where it leads.

Ave, Omnes,

I think I was on an earlier version of this several years ago, but maybe not since I used the same screen name there and ended up reregistering here.

Anyway, as is probably obvious, my interest is in the army of the principate of the 1st and 2nd centuries AD, although I"ve recently begun to get a lot more interested in the 3rd century.
Robert Sulentic

Uti possedetis.
Welcome (back) Robert... we meet again! It's getting to be a regular Ancient Sites reunion around here.
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
Quote:Welcome (back) Robert... we meet again! It's getting to be a regular Ancient Sites reunion around here.

Ahoy Danno!
Robert Sulentic

Uti possedetis.
Pretty nice, no? Ah, Danno me lad, I see you're a LibraryThing addict too! 8)
Iulia Sempronia (Sara Urdahl)
Officium ante Proprium Bonum
I'm John Abbate, I'm 13, I'm in Diamond Middle School, and I've been interested in military history for 4 or 5 years.
Veni Vidi Vici

Regards,
John Abbate

1. Hello.

2. Do I know you?

3. There is no 3. Mysterious!
... and I commend you for your early interest in history! The subject is endlessly fascinating and its study most rewarding.

A quick reminder: be sure to create a signature file with your real name included (which is a forum rule).

May you spend many happy hours in pursuit of your studies!
Iulia Sempronia (Sara Urdahl)
Officium ante Proprium Bonum
Once school lets out I plan to do some serious research, mainly on the Greeks, but also some data on the Romans
Veni Vidi Vici

Regards,
John Abbate

1. Hello.

2. Do I know you?

3. There is no 3. Mysterious!
Welcome aboard John