Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
Ask away! That's what we're here for.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Robert: Thank you!. Will do in a few months.

I'm now searching, compiling & merging 5th century kit info from past RAT posts (WOW!) & various websites (mostly in U.S., Britain, the Netherlands (especially Fectio!), Belgium, France, Germany & Italy).

I plan to post my draft 5th century kit document this May (or sooner). Then, I'll ask for comments, more info, suggestions, etc. for revisions. This document would not only help me get my "act" together Big Grin , but it would also help other Late Roman reenactors by saving some of their time.

Thx again! Best regards, +r
Quote:the Netherlands (especially Fectio)
:oops: My pleasure.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
My name is Thomas Rehbinder and live deep in the forrest ten kilometers from the nearest village, in the south of Sweden. I'm 46 years of age and have been interested in roman stuff since i was able to read my first Asterix comic book. Being a bit of a nerd i actually read swedish translations of Tacitus and Caesar in my early teens. Unfortunatly there doesn´t seem to be a lot of books on the subject in Sweden (You´d be amazed by the number of roman armies who didn´t march trough Sweden.). It's all about the overly hyped shipborne football (soccer) hooligans over here. And some medieval action of course.

Ok! I have some interest in wikings and medieval knights, but i am a roman at hearth. My wiking alter ego is Arngrim Blodulv and my roman is Titus Valerius Gallo in honour of my favorite Guiness record-holder Valeria Messalina. Any "relatives" belonging to the Valerius Gens out there?
Thomas Rehbinder
a. k. a Arngrim Blodulv
a. k.a Titus Valerius Gallo
Titus Valerius Gallo a. k. a.
Arngrim Blodulv a. k. a.
Thomas Rehbinder
Quote:My roman is Titus Valerius Gallo in honour of my favorite Guiness record-holder Valeria Messalina. Any "relatives" belonging to the Valerius Gens out there?

Ah. Yes! me!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Ave, Valerius!
Just wanted to check if my alias was already taken.
Vale!

Titus Valerius Gallo / Arngrim Blodulv /Thomas Rehbinder
Titus Valerius Gallo a. k. a.
Arngrim Blodulv a. k. a.
Thomas Rehbinder
Hello Jasper Oorthuys and all mmeber of RAT

Thanks for your recivement.

I will introduce myself, I am Titus Amatius Paulus (the latine translation of my name Pablo Amado an my familiar nickname Tito).

I am a doctoral geology researcher of Madrid (Spain) and interested in the roman culture and reenactement. I am a member (commilito) of the legio VIIII Hispana and soon of the Septimani Seniores. I know some members of the RAT: Jordi and Faventianos both friends of this legions.

I hope soon post a image with my Agustan equipement (in all photos I have ugly face)

PD: I read the rules of the RAT and I sign with my real name.
PDD: Sorry for my englisj

greetings

Pablo

Salve atque Vale
Titus Amatius Paulus
commilito legionis VIIII Hispaniae
et Septimanorum seniorum
Aka: Pablo Amado
Hi Tito/Pablo,
Welcome to RAT!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Don't worry Tito, your English is most likely far better than the Spanish of most of us (I am guessing) :lol:
Estimado Pablo: Su mensaje esta muy bien escribido. Big Grin Muy claro y completo. Intiendo todo. Su engles es mucho mejor que mi espan~ol. Buena suerte en sus estudios. Yo termine mi estudios doctorales hace 4 an~os, con la edad de 44 an~os. Es mejor tarde que nunca. Otra vez, bien venidos a RAT! r
Quote:Estimado Pablo: Su mensaje esta muy bien escribido. Big Grin Muy claro y completo. Intiendo todo. Su engles es mucho mejor que mi espan~ol. Buena suerte en sus estudios. Yo termine mi estudios doctorales hace 4 an~os, con la edad de 44 an~os. Mas temprano es mejor, quando possible. Otra vez, bien venidos a RAT! r

Showoff... Tongue lol:
*LOL* Then, my spouse (Spanish teacher) returns home, has me correct some of my errors! :lol:
:o lol: Sounds like mine...only she is forever correcting my english...and it is my native tounge!
Hello everyone,

I am Sean Foster. I was referred to this forum by Mike (arklore70)

- where are you from?
North Carolina, USA

- how'd you become interested in Rome?
I have always been interested in history. I studied Latin in high school and this forged an interest in Roman history

- why are you here?
This forum seems an excellent way to share information. I am involved on a forum for another era of history and I enjoy the format.

- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..?
Yes, I re-enact. I am just getting into Roman re-enacting but I have been involved in other eras for a decade.
[size=84:2ykzgt0v]Yes, Alas - I really am that pale...[/size]
SPVRIVS
[size=75:2ykzgt0v]aka Sean Foster[/size]
Welcome aboard Sean!
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan