Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
Mike,

Great to have you on board , Mike! There are a number of us who share your interest- apart from myself (with very limited knowledge) , Peronis particularly has a huge store of info, particularly on the Batavians. Welcome!

Cheers

Caballo
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
Hello everyone, I found this site while I was looking up something for Rome total war and I am glad I have found this site. Big Grin

where are you from?
I'm from Penrith, NSW Australia

- how'd you become interested in Rome?
When I was around seven, my Mum is interested in history and started showing me things at an early age. I'm also interested in Ancient Greece (Hellas), Ancient Celtic/pict, Sarmatian/Sycthian/Parthian culture and the dark ages. Ooh and the Byzantines too.

Then I'm also interested in the Medieval period.

- why are you here?
Because I read around on the site and found it very informative. Not to mention that it looks friendly too.

- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..?
No re-enacting for me, but I'm on the look out for re-enactment groups and the like.

Introduction
My name is Amanda, but call me Manda. lol I only get called Amanda when I'm in trouble or on legal type documents. I'm 19 years old. I haven't found a latin name yet, but I'm in the process of doing that. I enjoy horse riding, carriage driving and I'm thinking about trying to buy a horse. That I can teach to joust and do battle re-enactments with it too. Smile

I'm currently doing a Business Administration Diploma and I'm writing four seris of novels. One is the end of the world, with demons uprising and humans struggle for survival. One is a ancient/medieval/fantasy type thing. One is about vampires and humans vying for power in space (lol don't ask) and one is about a new race of humans evolving. Big Grin

I enjoy reading books by Bernard Cornwell 'king Arthur trilogy' and David Pressfield 'Gates of Fire'

Umm I enjoy listening to rock, metal and j-rock. Big Grin D

Nice to meet everyone.
Amanda Welshman
(No Roman name yet)
Welcome Manda :wink:
Francisco Machado aka M.ilionario

Atheist

"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war" - Napoleon Bonaparte
Welcome & join in!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Thank you -grins-
Amanda Welshman
(No Roman name yet)
Quote:You will be very welcome here, Mike. Perhaps our Imagebase at RomanArmy.com will be of some assistance to your thesis?

Thanks I will check it out.
Mike Galer, MA
PhD Candiate, Cultural Identity of the Roman Auxilia and their representation in museums
Room G7b
Insitute of Archaeology, UCL, London
Quote:There are a number of us who share your interest- apart from myself (with very limited knowledge) , Peronis particularly has a huge store of info, particularly on the Batavians.
Caballo

Thanks, the Batavians are interesting as are the Tungri, Vangoines and the Vardulli
Mike Galer, MA
PhD Candiate, Cultural Identity of the Roman Auxilia and their representation in museums
Room G7b
Insitute of Archaeology, UCL, London
WUTZZ Happenin' Fellas????

Man this is a Good Forum and Site. I've always looked for a good site where I could find GOOD info about Ancient Rome and Greece, as well as find people who know what they are talking about! Big Grin

Oh may bad I forgot to introduce myslef....

My name is Sergio I am 20 y.o and, I live in the USA. I was actually born in Havana, Cuba and immigrated to the USA about 6 years ago. I've always been a BIG fan of Ancient Rome since I was a little kid and my mom showed me a book that had a picture of the Siege of Syracuse in Sicilly.

I don't re-anact, BUT I WOULD LOVE TO! I found a group of re-anctors in the Washington DC- Metropolitan Area, but those guys never replied (forgot thier name). If you guys know some PLZ let me know :wink:
I usually read up on Roman History when I get a chance and play a Historically Accurate modification of RTW (rome total war).
Sergio Garcia a.k.a NeoSpartan
welcome to RAT Sergio, make yourself at home!.

Some members are planning a RTW tournament (see the game & modelling section!)
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Welcome Sergio :wink:

Atheist

"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war" - Napoleon Bonaparte
I've been reenacting the Roman time period for one year. I'm with the XXX Legion out of Ontario Canada. I am keenly interested in drill and Roman fortifications. I held a small event at my farm near Tillsonburg and I hope to construct a fortlet there. I hopin gto get lots of advice on how to proceed with this venture. Tom Ross aka Titus Quartinius Saturnalis
T. Quartinius Saturnalus
Legio XXX

AKA Tom Ross
Welcome to the forum Tom!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Welcome, recruit Tom :wink:
Shouldn't you have posted earlier?

Atheist

Quote:Hi Everybody!
My name is Martin and I am from Vindobona (todays Vienna in Austria). I am interested since Junkelmanns Alpenmarsch 1986 for reenactment. But since 3 years I make my own equipment. I am sorry, my english is not so good, but I hope you will understand me.
Welcome to RAT. No need to apologize for your English--which is fine--because there are far too many of us who only speak that language!
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:Avete, Khairete and Hi!

My name is Alan. I am 57 years old and live in Edinburgh, Scotland. I have been interested in all things Roman and Greek for many years now and have recently become particularly interested in the military side, purely from a hobby point of view. I am, among other things, a senior IT manager in a major bank and a recent, besotted grandfather.
A lovely city, Edinburgh. Welcome to RAT, my friend. I share your convicted that grandfatherhood is a delightful blessing.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium