Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
Quote:Signing in for the third time, guess you could brand me a deserter Sad My name is Alan, I live in Cincinnati and was teaching history when I first became aware of Roman reenactment.
Good to have you back, Alan. Even deserters can be restored to the ranks! (Well, after a minor matter of some corporal punishment, which we will dispense with in your case!) Are you still teaching?
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:My main interest is in the athletics of Greece and Rome. Especially Pankration, wrestling, boxing, and the Gladiatorial events.
It's great to have another member with a unique expertise. You'll enjoy the community here.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:The museum is not a succes because it's not very attractive. Our Gallo-Roman Weekend on the other hand is a real hit (with visitors from all over Belgium, France, Holland, Germany, UK...). I think it's because our Gallo-Roman Weekend makes ancient Gallo-Roman live more "alive" then the pottery in the museum.
There certainly is quite a difference between the two, isn't there? Still, there are many of us who can even be inspired by modest displays of familiar Roman materials such as pottery and common bronze coinage... Welcome to RAT.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Nice to find others interested or rather besotted with the Romans. I have always been fascinated and now have a nice collection of collectables and artefacts, many replicas such as the range of helmets and armour which adourn my office. Though I would love an authentic helmet or sword, the $300,000 price tags are somewhat out of reach.

I've bene reading some of the chats and I think Im going to be very happy hear as I think i am going to find many of the answers I have been looking for.

So in short, I look forward to future chats and answer finding. feel free to drop a line .
Rubicon

"let the die be cast "

(Stefano Rinaldo)
Hello everyone. I am Mauricius(Maurus) Antonius and I have always been intrigued and interested in Roman history and Ancient history in general.

I'm from California and looking to increase my knowledge of the Roman empire. Looking forward to learning new things and contributing to the site as well.

Not into reenactment but maybe this site will spark an interest since, I've already dreamed of being a bad a$$ Roman conqueror.

:lol: !!
Welcome Maurus!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure that ultimately you will form a part of the reenactment world!! :wink:
Carme
[url:utwukq64]http://www.primagermanica.com[/url]
[Image: vexilium.jpg]
My name is Saul. I've been reenacting (on and off) for roughly two years, since the infamous Nashville event/film shoot. I have participated with:

Legio XI from Athens, GA (Paul Montello)
Legio XIIII from Fort Campbell, KY (Dan Peterson)
Legio VI from Charleston, SC (Rusty Myers)
Legio I from Georgia (Marty...)
Legio V from Knoxville, TN (Robert Wear)

I lack a "full-time" legion at this time, but am a prospective recruit for Matt Amt's Legio XX in DC. Just wanted to introduce myself, albeit somewhat late.
[Image: RAT_signature2.png]
Quote:I have BA in history, but currently I'm working IT, though I'm also in the Army Reserve (not so looking forward to a trip to the environs of Dura-Europos in the not-so-distant future).
What area of history did you focus on? I took every elective I could in Ancient (Roman) History at the University of Washington when I got mine. Best of luck when you mobilize.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:I've been involved in the War of 1812 and the French and Indian War for 15 years.
Welcome, Sean. In some ways, the Roman era was at least equal in culture and development to the eras you already recreate. May not be that difficult a transition for you!
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:Howdy from the great state of Texas
Spent a couple years in the Panhandle at Reese AFB outside of Lubbock. (Yes, I know the state has many different regions and cultures!) Actually, the folks there on the Caprock Plateau were admirable in many ways. Glad to have you as part of the RAT community.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:My name is Nathan I am 28 from Nottingham, England and have been re-enacting (mostly conquest period anglo-norman and 'viking' stuff)
Welcome to the RAT family Nathan. Though you say you'll be mostly lurking, I look forward to reading your posts.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:My name is Saul. I've been reenacting (on and off) for roughly two years, since the infamous Nashville event/film shoot. I have participated with:

I lack a "full-time" legion at this time, but am a prospective recruit for Matt Amt's Legio XX in DC. Just wanted to introduce myself, albeit somewhat late.

Welcome Saul O. Cardona-Luciano!!

Can I ask you something!!?, is very strange your name for me, because,
Ter. Catalonius Luciano, for me "catalonius" and your surname "Cardona", are a Catalan words. Cardona is one tipical catalan username. Are you spanish or catalan or your family????

Sorry if you thing I'n very direct!!! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Carme
Quote:
Ter. Catalonius Luciano:pafers3y Wrote:My name is Saul. I've been reenacting (on and off) for roughly two years, since the infamous Nashville event/film shoot. I have participated with:

Welcome Saul O. Cardona-Luciano!!

Can I ask you something!!?, is very strange your name for me, because,
Ter. Catalonius Luciano, for me "catalonius" and your surname "Cardona", are a Catalan words. Cardona is one tipical catalan username. Are you spanish or catalan or your family????

Sorry if you thing I'n very direct!!! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Interesting you ask. I and my family are actually Puerto Rican, but we trace our family name/lineage (Cardona) to Catalonia in Spain, specifically to a knight (de Cardona) who went from France to Spain to fight in the reconquista. Basically, I chose Catalonius as my nomen because there is a castle in Catalonia called "Cardona", so I decided to make Catalonia masculine by dropping the -ia and replacing it with an -ius, thus Catalonius.

If you're interested, I decided on Tertius (Ter.) because I am the third Saul in my family (Cardona). Luciano just happens to be my mother's maiden name and, to me, it seems to fit in nicely (rather like Scipio), so...I added it. Besides, it's apparently Italian in origin. Smile
Ok!!!!
:o o o

One person to RAT born in Puerto Rico, and now lives in Catalonia. 8)
In a spanish civil war, a lot of people go to France, Germany, and more people to Puerto Rico and Mexico!
Carme
Quote:Ok!!!!
:o o o

One person to RAT born in Puerto Rico, and now lives in Catalonia. 8)
In a spanish civil war, a lot of people go to France, Germany, and more people to Puerto Rico and Mexico!
According to my father, the Cardonas who came to Puerto Rico were three brothers from Sevilla sometime in the 19th Century, likely before the Spanish-American War. This seems to be the case with most Cardonas in Puerto Rico as the few other Cardonas from Puerto Rico whom my father and I have met have also confirmed that story. I don't know much more than that. I do know that I am planning a future trip to Catalonia to see the castle Cardona.