Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
Quote:The irony of course is that most plastic Star Wars armor is actually more expensive than metal historical armor

unless, you go for the 300 look. in that case you'll only need some leather underpants. (and the chest with it...) :wink:
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Quote:
Quote:The irony of course is that most plastic Star Wars armor is actually more expensive than metal historical armor

unless, you go for the 300 look. in that case you'll only need some leather underpants. (and the chest with it...) :wink:

He said historical :wink:

Welcome to all!
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Salvete! I'm a student of Latin and classical archaeology in the University of Helsinki, Finland, and I've been interested in the Roman army since childhood. I'm here because I have few questions to ask, but I definitely would not mind to find some new friends too.
K. Alexandra Koskinen

In luctu atque miseriis mortem aerumnarum requiem, non cruciatum esse;
eam cuncta mortalium mala dissolvere; ultra neque curae neque gaudio locum esse.
- Caesar / Sallustius: Bellum Catilinae
Thanks for the warm welcome, Virilis. Smile More Finns around?
K. Alexandra Koskinen

eam cuncta mortalium mala dissolvere; ultra neque curae neque gaudio locum esse.
Salvete K.A.! Welcome to the forum, it is nice to have more finns here!
This is THE PLACE :wink: !
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Quote:Kiitos kiitos, mutta tällä kertaa on kyse kuitenkin Koskisen akan tyttärestä.
Huomasin onneksi tuon asian ja poistin meilin :oops: ! Me myöhäisroomalaiset ollaan jo muutenkin niin marginaalissa että pitää olla aika tarkkana sanomisissaan :wink: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Darn! Babelfish don't do Suomi....
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Darn! Babelfish don't do Suomi....

It was just a small inside joke, sorry about that. Few advantages of having such small language as Finnish as your native language...
K. Alexandra Koskinen

Quote:Darn! Babelfish don't do Suomi....
Robert, it was something about us late romans and our marginal position making us superior beings :wink: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Salve,

Here is my first attempt to impersonate a legionaire.

[Image: 1175023895922.jpg]

[Image: 1175023931194.jpg]

Never mind the XXI-th century background and the bad quality. I've made it with a cam on my computer.

With special thanks to Marcus Mummius for selling his old lorica segmentate to me.

vale,

Ioannus
Iorus Sarcophagus Ludens
(Jo Vansteenkiste)

Viroviacum Romanum (Wervik - Belgium) [url:2hhvemuv]http://www.viroviacum.be[/url]
legionair of Legio XI CFP [url:2hhvemuv]http://www.legioxi.be[/url]

"Nunc est bibendum!"
Looks good, Jo! One of the things I envy as a "late roman" is your "flavian" guys with a Lorica Segmentata, looks simply smashing!

In fact I have toyed with an idea that ""...maybe some veteran coming back from the siege of Dura Europos (ad257) had his his first sassanian influenced (Tower n.19) helmet made somewhere along the route back, let`s say somewhere around the danube area. Adding some sarmatian influence to his new ridge helmet he thinks as a first thing when he gets back at Gaul that what the heck, my rusty age old seggie looks in fact quite good with this new helmet when I clean it up..." Usually at this point I wake up :wink: !
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Quote:I have a small background in reenactment, as I've been a dutiful soldier of the 17th MO Vols. Inf. (US) for 9 years - until I broke my ankle during a "battle" which somehow put the fire out of it
Hmmm... the American Civil War too. If you've got a spare minute, check out a website I host for my great-grandfather's regiment: Fifth Iowa Cavalry [url:2rlmx5tf]http://www.scriptoriumnovum.com/c.html[/url].
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:I definitely would not mind to find some new friends too.
Lots of friendly people here at RAT. Glad to have you joining us.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Hi im new i should have posted here earlier but who cares i did it now anyway Big Grin

im not re-enacting anything havent found anything here in sweden dont think i would afford it at the moment either plus my friends would make fun of me :oops:

anyway im happy too have found this forum since i love ancient history around the mediterranean

ive also checked that im probebly one of the youngest persons too have joined Big Grin

//josef
welcome to RAT
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.