Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got to love RAT
On a differnet website, no names but I joined up to talk to my old highschool buddies, I got in to a conversation or two on Rome and the never ending "Caesar vs Alexander" and "Rome vs Japan" stuff. These guys are all about quote Gibson, I had more up to date sources and the ablity to ask a few of thew authors if need be. The need never arose, but RAT is a great source of info and ideas, I confess I feel like I'm a child in a room full of adults.
Any way, thats all I had to say about that.
Marcus Marius Agrippa
Will Dial
"Stop quoting laws, we carry weapons." - Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus
glad to hear it. RAT is as good as its members so, keep posting!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Hear, hear on both counts! Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
And then I stroll in the room!

Yes, I agree there. When I am talking to people out and about , I actually feel I know what I am talking about!
Then when I come back on here, I realise, again, how limited my knowledge really is!

Love it here!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Yes, RAT is a great and knowlegable forum, and I am a child in a room full of adults! Tongue
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus
[Image: comitatus.jpg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comitatus.net">www.comitatus.net
Does your mother know your out?? :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hehe, well she is normally in the next room from me, so yep, i'd say so Big Grin
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus
[Image: comitatus.jpg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comitatus.net">www.comitatus.net
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hi Will, this place is a great place to learn about Roman history, I must confess to feeling out of my depth knowledge-wise as I am still very green when it comes to this time period. My family are all keen on Roman history but my 'expertise' lies in the English Middle Ages, esp. the baron's wars and the wars of the roses. This forum is invaluable for information and I have learned so much from here in a relatively short time.
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Avete omnes,

'Got to love RAT' indicates 'Romance Army Talk' now? 8)
Greetings from germania incognita

Heiko (Cornelius Quintus)

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
If I say "RAT" in most any place where Rome is being discussed, the people know what I'm talking about. Kinda like when I was ROTC and we said "rot cee).

I've been coming to RAT for several years but haven't posted much, mostly because I haven't been a memeber all that long, and most people here are much more advanced in there study than me. I've got to find more time for Rome between work and range time.
Marcus Marius Agrippa
Will Dial
No one knows it all. (Some just don't know that they don't).

I used to spend my spare time tramping all over tidewater Virginia, when my dad was at the pearhead of logistics. I was lucky or unlucky never to be assigned to Virginia, but then, they didn't have that many tank battalions there. :lol:
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
My brother's Guard unit (VA Guard), has just been changed from 12 Bravo (Combat Engineers) to a Striker Company, he's not in anymore.
I, myself, never was in the military, just took the classes. Well, not even real ROTC, JROTC in highschool. I'm a brat, and come from a long line of army vets going back past the civil war. Germans that some how got to Britian then come to the US pre-revolutlion (1st civil war?). Any way, I digress.

I don't think that any one person knows it all, but from what I've read on here, some one knows the answer to whatever you need to know, or can find out... and they even reply when they've found it. Such a resource is this forum. What other forum has a major manufactorer working with it to make better and better gear? I can think of none. Ok I'm done bragging on you people now.
Marcus Marius Agrippa
Will Dial
Cry don't stop now.... we like bragging :lol:
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]