Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RA.com/RAT newsletter July
Dear Romanarmy enthusiasts,

Here's the July Romanarmy.com/RAT newsletter.

Arrow 1: Quoting. Just a repeat from last month. Lots of people use quotes in discussions, which is fine. However, I would like to ask all members to be considerate of their readers when quoting. What I mean by that, is that you should select what you want to react to and quote that part of the previous post. Please do not simply ‘copy-paste’ the entire previous post, pictures and all. This is very annoying to read and frankly makes you look lazy.

Arrow 2: Ancient Warfare magazine. Ancient Warfare now accepts credit cards as a valid payment method. This weekend is your last chance to sign up for the magazine and start your collection with Ancient Warfare issue 1. A second batch will be sent out next week for those that signed up since June 18th. If you subscribe after the 23rd, your subscription will start with the second issue.

Arrow 3: RAT / Romanarmy.com downtime. We really don't expect the recent downtime to occur again, but the unexpected may always happen. Since some people start exhibiting serious withdrawal symptoms and start to email and call me, we have found a solution to keep you up to date. We have set up a new yahoogroup with which the Romanarmy.com / RAT admins can keep you up to date if the site is down for whatever reason. Sign up at the Yahoo RATstatus group or send an email to RATSTATUS-subscribe AT yahoogroups.com to subscribe. Hopefully the group will be practically dead as far as messages are concerned, but you never know.

Arrow 4: Keltica RAT Offer. Keltica Iron Age Village are offering kit from Daniyal Steelcrafts of India at a discount to RAT members. Check it out.

Arrow 5: RAT Conference. Preparations are proceeding for the RAT conference at Nijmegen, the Netherlands for November 9-11 2007. Check out this thread for more info. If you are planning to attend, please post the following information in that thread:

* When will you arrive (as specific as possible) and when will you depart? This influences the booking of a meeting room and the organization of one or more excursions.
* Will you need a hotel room? If there is a sufficient number of bookings, we will try to book as a group and get a discount, but for that to work we will need firm commitments.
* Are you planning to hold a lecture?

Arrow 6: Deepeeka's Double Shot!. Deepeeka are offering ten of their new AH6504N Niedermormter (steel version) helmets for the special price of USD 270 and ten pieces of the AH6051N Brass Coolus E at USD 180. They are both ready for shipping once the sale is over. Now to ensure that everyone has a fair chance of getting one (of even two) of these twenty helmets, we'll instate the following procedure.
On SUNDAY JULY 29th at 10.00PM GMT (that's 5PM EST, 11.00PM Amsterdam) I will open the thread in the RAT marketplace titled ‘Deepeeka's Double Shot!’. Post in that thread if you want a helmet and if so, which one. You may claim both, but single claims will get precedence over double claims, so indicate your preference.
The following is still valid: if you claimed it, you bought it!
Note: if you claim either of these helmets, you must send me in an EMAIL your username, real name and email address to be used for the invoice. You must do this, even if you think I already have it from earlier sales, within a week after the sale or your claim is forfeit

That's all for now. See you on RAT!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine