Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman galley on tour
Salvete!

The Late Roman Galley (Type Lusoria B / Mainz) - property of the University of Regensburg - is soon (Begin: 29th of August) on tour on the river Main to celebrate the elevation of the German Limes in the status of a UNESCO World Heritage.
Just take a look at: www.mainlimes.de .

Bene vobis!
There's the solution to moving the tower! Just lash it onto the ship and take it down river!

Just kidding.

What an amazing boat! Wish I could be an oarsman for a day or two.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
The galley was built by the founders of the LEG III ITAL ANT in Regensburg/ castra Regina from Winter 2003 to Summer 2004 under the control of Dr. Heinz Konen ( www.vefag.de ).
Last year we organized a trip from Regensburg to Budapest on Danube. The German TV will soon show a 45min documentation.
Now I talked to him concerning the Main-tour ( www.mainlimes.de ): Every RAT-member (especially in Roman military equipment) who visits the tour is most welcome.
Bene vobis!
Quote:Last year we organized a trip from Regensburg to Budapest on Danube. The German TV will soon show a 45min documentation.
Please tell us when!! Confusedhock:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Robert, we don't know ourselves, sorry! Sad

But we will inform you ASAP once we know more Big Grin
Florian Himmler (not related!)
Flavius is right! We only know, the "Bayerische Fersehen" will show the documentary in early autumn 2007. The film was already shown several times in the cinema "Regina" in Regensburg - it was always totally sold out.
If I know the exact date I'll post it as soon as possible.
But now the ship is on tour again (this time on the river Main).