Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALERT-- Albion gladius stolen
A legionary of Legio VI Victrix PF in California, Jim Miller, had his Albion Next Gen Pompeii Gladius stolen from his home near Malibu over the weekend. He says the burglary wasn't directly fire-related — his wife stepped out of the home for a few minutes Monday afternoon and returned to find the place had been broken into and stuff missing. Still, it's an act of looting in my book and the perp ought to be tortured, then crucified!

Here's are links to the web pages showing pictures of the gladius and the scabbard:

gladius:

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/alb ... ompeii.htm

scabbard:

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/sca ... q0001b.htm

Jim had the black scabbard. Also, the underside of the leather baldric had "Lucius Cornelius Scaeva" written on it in permanent marker (or perhaps just "L. Cornelius Scaeva"). A couple of the original nails that held the lower brass accent (the curly bit, not the straight bits) came off so he'd replaced them with brass finishing nails cut short. He'd also used a bit of Super Glue to hold the brass accent in place.

If anyone sees an Albion gladius pop onto Ebay or any other sales forum matching the above description, please sent a link to the following addresses:

[email protected]

[email protected]

Gratias, fratres!
T. Flavius Crispus / David S. Michaels
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
I second that Ill provide the nails :twisted: Swine will keep a look out in the UK Big Grin
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
Hope he falls on it in his rush to sell it....preferably where the sun doesn't shine!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
well keep a look out on ebay etcetera too!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
May I offer to hook up my training probes for my Taser to a specific nether reigon once he is properly nailed up?? We can cleanse the area first with a good dose of Oleoresin Capsicum...my treat!!

Eyes are open for it....
Titvs Calidivs Agricola
Wes Olson

Twas a woman that drove me to drink, and I never thanked her. W.C. Fields
Hey Dave,

Want me to mention this on Swordforum.com as well?

Legion: TBD
Quote:Want me to mention this on Swordforum.com as well?

Absolutely, Matt. Multas gratias!

Also maybe mention the pending publication of The Roman Sword (see note in References & Reviews forum)?
T. Flavius Crispus / David S. Michaels
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
It is a long shot, but it can be entered into NCIC (National Crime Information Center) as a stolen item/weapon if it had the owners name or a owner applied number number on it, so be sure to make certain the detective in the case gets a "NIC" Number for it. It is a long shot, but you never know... Sometimes the system works.
Sorry to hear this. I have taken to locking my gear up.
"In war as in loving, you must always keep shoving." George S. Patton, Jr.
That really sucks. And the Next Gen's are so purdy. Flail and nail the bastard I say.

I really don't understand why crucifixion got a bad rep anyway.
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Albion Mainz Gladius, Deepeka scabbard ? Palaemon 10 2,908 09-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar
  Building a decent gladius from a Albion blade Anonymous 4 3,602 07-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Anonymous